“One of the best Fairfield Inns we have ever stayed in”

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Sudbury, MA
“One of the best Fairfield Inns we have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This has to be one of the best Fairfield Inns we have stayed in. We tend to stay in them a lot when traveling with the kids because of the ease of having breakfast in the morning. We only stay in Marriott properties because of their consistently good service and this experience was fabulous!
On this trip we had a quick over night last Friday. The staff could not have been more friendly. Check-in was fast. The room was quite large and by the looks was brand new. It is a new line of furniture that I have not seen yet in a Fairfield Inn room. You can tell a lot of thought went into design. Sleeker lines that made moving around the room easier. The beds were extremely comfortable; crisp linens and larger than normal towels in the bathroom.
Breakfast was delicious and the woman who ran it was just lovely.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the White River Junction area.

Room Tip: We were on a top floor and away from the elevator and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OnVacation58
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear "OnVacation58", Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your compliments on to both Front Desk and Breakfast. We are really proud of the staff at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and your experience justifies this feeling! James, on Front Desk is one of our newer staff members and brings a wealth of experience from his former positions in the Marriott Family. He is a "local boy" who can offer ideas for where to eat, dance, ski or visit during your stay.
Your break fast host was Arlene. She has been with the Fairfield since we first were awarded our flag. If you want to start a conversation with Arlene ask about her granddaughter! It is her favorite subject for discussion.
Thank you again. You have made our day with your thoughtful review.Safe journey wherever you travel and come see us again! Cheers, Mary Lee Smyth Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here on a weekend trip with my brother in law and our 4 sons grades 4 to 8. There initially was an issue with the room we were booked into but with a few phone calls it was resolved. We stayed 2 nights. 2 full size beds and a sofa bed in 1 room. A little tight but we did not feel like we were on top of each other. The property must be new because the rooms were spotless. The beds and pillows were fine but not great. There were clean. James at the front desk was very helpful and always willing to answer questions from our kids. When we were there a swimming competition was happening locally and the property was at capacity. The buffet breakfast was fine for our needs. Not 5 star but great for a bunch of guys going snowboarding. The hotel is about 40 minutes from Killington. Mostly 2 lane back roads. Heavily watched by police in certain areas. I could see weather or traffic easily adding 30 minutes. We left the hill 45 minutes prior to closing for the same reason. Only 1 road out. I could see leaving being a nightmare if you are the last guy in line. With that said I would consider staying there again in the future. We used Marriott points which made the price "right". If I had to pay I would probably stay closer to the mountain. If you have points to use I would not hesitate staying here. Keep in mind we were told Vermont law does not allow roll away beds in certain room sizes. Ask about that when booking based on the size of your group.

Room Tip: Room does not matter. There is nothing to look at even if you wanted to.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This nice property is well kept. Has the appearance to be fairly new and it is obviously well maintained. The staff is sincere, caring and helpful, willing to answer any and all questions. I found the rates to be a little high but certainly much more affordable than our destination (Hanover, NH). It is relatively close.... Even though this property is located in Vermont.

Room Tip: Quiet all around.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yaser z
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Yazer Z, Thank you so much for your kind words and posts. We all try so hard to make the Fairfield Inn and Suites a warm refuge for travelers to the north country. You are right about us being so close to Hanover NH. We are only eight minutes by car..( maybe a little longer by Dog Sled). Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again! All my best, Mary Lee Smyth
Brookline, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here one night for business. The hotel was appealing to look at and clean. Staff were friendly and polite. The room had all the amenities you would expect. I had a good night's sleep. There was a nice breakfast buffet and coffee in the morning. The internet was a bit slow.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here last February and this past weekend. It seemed like there were more options for breakfast such as greek yogurt. There were eggs with hot sauce and salsa available, fresh fruit, and meats. Better than I remembered. They sell real maple syrup, but don't have any available in the breakfast area. Everything is disposable, which is too bad.

The rooms are large and the renovations are holding up well. There are plugs everywhere for charging devices. If the room feels cool and set to 68 when you walk in... don't touch the thermostat. I turned it to 70 and it got too hot.

The sound proofing is not good between the rooms, but the hotel was fairly empty the weekend we were there. We were on the highway side, and I didn't hear it. If the windows were open, I supposed we would have.

My one main complaint is that I asked about room upgrades as a Platinum member. I was told that none were available. Yet, the hotel was clearly empty and I didn't believe they didn't have an upgraded room available.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We had stayed at the Hampton Inn before right next door to this hotel, but the Fairfield Inn was surprisingly so much better! I think they had a recent renovation, so the decor was new/modern and clean, the room was spacious, and and everything was in working order. The full breakfast was great, with lots of healthy options in addition to eggs and breakfast meat. The fitness center also looked great, though we didn't use it. Best of all, it was quiet! Great for sleeping and relaxing, especially around the holidays. A good place to stay when in White River Junction.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed on one side of the hotel -- perfectly quiet and nice. The...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

It was one of the best Fairfield & Suites I ever stayed. The building was nice and clean, I was glad to choose this place. The room was spacious with nice furniture. Even the bathroom was nice, looked at the toilet tissue with stamp (See my photo). That mean the management was paying a lot of attentions for the little details. The bedding quality was supreme, I had a good night sleep!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!