“Clean and Fresh just like a Fairfield usually is!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Check-in was easy and quick and the room was very clean and comfortable. The lady running the breakfast was friendly and conversational. Parking was easy and it was close to some of the area's sights including Quechee Gorge etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel has everything that you would expect from a Fairfield inn. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was average. It is conveniently located next to the highway. I would stay hear again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This Marriott was hidden behind two other hotels, so it was a bit confusing to find, but once I did, it was great.
I arrived late in the evening and I appreciated that they wanted to give me a room upgrade since I am a frequent Marriott traveler, the only problem was they upgraded me to a one bedroom suite and I was traveling with my teenage daughter and would have preferred the two beds. The living room sleeper sofa was not even an option as it was very uncomfortable.
The room ended up being fine and we very much enjoyed the fireplace and what I think was a larger bathroom during the very limited time we spent in the room.
There is a sufficient kitchenette and sitting area, but it could have used more than just one large plate and one small plate. Maybe some paper towels or a small kitchen towel would have been helpful.
Housekeeping staff was great since I think we left the room in a bit of a disarray each day.
The gratis breakfast buffet had a very good selection and we got to sit once and it was perfect when we were dashing out the door the other mornings to grab a banana and yogurt.
We did need to use the laundry facility once, I do wish there was one more washing machine as the machine was frequently in use.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was just fine from a facility perspective. It was typical Fairfield, no compliants. The only comment that I think would improve things would be better signs to the hotel. It's in a small cluster of hotels and w/o signs you're guessing which turn to take. On this particular night the big neon sign wasn't working which made it much harder, but that's a temporary issue and not typical.

The disappointing part for me was that I was lied to. When I called to make the reservation I asked very specifically for a roll-away bed. I made it clear that this was a requirement or we wouldn't be able to stay here. I was coming in late with some kids and needed the roll-away. I was assured that the roll-away would be in the room. Upon arrival, it unfortunately went from bad to worse.

First, we arrived at about 11:15 PM and everyone was tired. We walked into the lobby and there was one person working and one guest in front of us. To say that the service was slow would be a gross understatement. And not once did the guy behind the desk look up to offer any welcome or acknowledgement of our arrival and long wait. He was oblivious, which I realize is not a huge deal, but when it's late after a long drive and a bunch of kids waiting around, it seems reasonable to expect some sort of awareness and effort to get us checked in as quickly as possible. Not this guy....

So then when it was finally my turn, he started to check me in and I asked about the roll-away. He said, "that won't be in the room as it's illegal per fire code". I asked how that could be when I was promised that it would. He said, "yeah I see a note here about that, but the manager said it's not possible". I asked again...he said, "yeah you spoke with (name of employee) who's only been here a couple of weeks so he doesn't really know about that"....WHAT???!!!
So I asked why, given how important I told (name of employee) it was, and that I wouldn't be staying here w/o it, why didn't someone contact me to let me know that I was told incorrect information so that I could change my plans. His response, "We didn't know how to reach you"....WHAT???!!!!
I'm a Gold Elite Marriott Rewards Member who's been a Marriott Rewards Member for probably 20 years. Marriott knows more about me than my own family does, and they couldn't figure out how to reach me???!!! Are you kidding me? I don't think it's asking too much to have them reach out to me and let me know that my only request couldn't be honored.

I was just so disappointed in Marriott at that moment. I'm a very big fan, and go out of my way to stay at Marriott as much as possible. This is out of character for them, and it happened at a bad time given the kids I had with me and how late it was. I understand there will be bad employees from time to time, but I feel like it's important to point it out when it happens like I'm doing here.

Great company, just fine hotel, but terrible customer service for me on this trip. I hope I have a better experience next time.

3  Thank Opinionsareus
Amanda P, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your response. I am truly sorry we did not meet our outstanding standards and what you would have expected for customer service. You never should have had to go through such an experience. I can understand how frustrating it must have been especially so late at night and with children. It was true that we are not able to put a rollaway bed in a room with two queen beds and a pullout sofa as that would be over the fire limits capacity. Although, this should have been communicated to you when reserving the room, we did not have control over that aspect as the reservation was not made through our front desk. However, you are even more correct to say we should have contacted you when we noticed the request that could not have been made. I do apologize that this was not done, as a Gold Member you are right that we should have been able to find a way of communication in one way or another. We will be making the corrections to see this never happens again, by listing the rollaway bed restrictions through third party booking, online, and Marriott Reservations. I personally will also take action to work with the customer service representative you encountered on speed and awareness when it comes to multiple guests in our lobby so late at night.
I will contact you personally to offer compensation for this bad experience. Again, I appreciate the time you took for this response and apologize for what you had to go through. We look forward to seeing you again and regaining your trust in our customer service!
Best Regards,
Amanda Perreault
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited the FFI several times recently. Not much to say except the hotel was fairly new, spotless, comfortable, quiet and secure. Easy on/off the interstate makes this ideal when either travelling to or through the area. The staff was very accommodating. No surprises here which is a good thing. This is our first choice in White River Junction.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Road-Maven
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed here twice in the last 8 weeks, and each time it has been a pleasure. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the property is very clean and well cared for. The location is great for access to Hanover (Dartmouth College), and all the Upper Valley attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice both times when I was heading home late and too tired to drive. Both times I checked rates at the HI Express and the Hampton and both times the Fairfield was $16 less. The hotel is very similar quality to the Hampton in every way. The room was surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to the interstate. I think it is the least expensive hotel in this quality and amenity range in the upper valley. I definitely recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Bruce S
Amanda P, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your thoughts. I am so glad we have proven to you not once but twice that we're your hotel to stay at in the Upper Valley. However, I would love to speak with you more about improving what you think of us as a 'decent' hotel to 'the best' hotel. Please call or email me to discuss this further and to see what we can do for you.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Best Regards,
Amanda Perreault
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River
(802)291-9911
Amanda@Marriott.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!