“Dirty”
Review of Polka Dot Restaurant - CLOSED

Polka Dot Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Polka Dot Restaurant is a small diner located in the heart of White River Junction. We sit directly next to the railroad tracks and have a historical tie to the community. We are under new management and are bringing back the vintage diner feel. We provide free WIFI, daily lunch and dinner specials, and a huge selection of homemade desserts. We also make fresh homemade donuts every morning. If you are looking for a small hometown diner feel and great food, we are your place.
Branford, Connecticut
“Dirty”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stopped here on the way to drop our son off for camp. It had all of the potential to be a perfect throwback! The booth seats are covered in carpet, dirty carpet. The menus were dirty (pet peeve) and the service was slow. I ordered a BLT with extra bacon, it came on barely toasted bread with two slices of bacon. There were a few chips on the plate. My son's and husband's lunches were equally forgettable. Lots of locals and hipsters but don't come here if you actually want to eat something. A shame really, could be a gem!

• Visited July 2013
PolkaDotRestaurant, Public Relations Manager at Polka Dot Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
We apologize if you had a bad experience at our place of business. This restaurant is under new management and the problems that you stated are either being addressed or have already been addressed. Please accept our apology for your bad experience and rest assured that if you give us another try you will not be disappointed.

Kendallville, United States
“Fair”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

If you're starved & not picky, it's tolerable. When we were there it was only 1 employee trying to do everything & we ended up waiting a real long time for our food & then I was given bacon instead of the sausage I asked for. My brother & I thought the portions were on the small side & a little greasy. Front door was our first clue maybe we shouldn't be there (dirty windows) but inside was maybe a little better. Waitress was harried but nice. Truly, we are not generally that picky but so many places I've stayed before had superb restaurants (even the little diners) with very scrumptious & memorable food. This place was less than average.

Visited June 2013
NoHo Ma
“The twilight zone in a diner”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We read reviews on TA and thought this might be a quirky but fun little place. It was mostly sad. I think I stayed more because it was clear how much the business needed customers and the staff were very nice. The place was literally falling apart. Booth seats had been recovered with industrial carpeting. Although they clearly started painting years ago the walls were not finished. I had a grilled cheese with bacon, hubby had a BLT and they were both ok. They seemed safe choices. Hubby had cherry pie for dessert that was not very good and looked old. Mary, the waitress seemed to be a fixture in the town. Once we were there a while more and more customers came in and seemed to be regulars. All taken into consideration, we had lunch for a little more than $10, so no complaints there. This is a funky, stuck in time, twilight zone kind of place. The food was acceptable and the service good but gruff. I do not think I would eat here again, but it was interesting..Just be prepared!

• Visited May 2013
Winchendon, Massachusetts, United States
“One of the few restaurants in White River Jct”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This is a little diner in the center of town. It is clean and was rather busy when we were there. There are daily specials and breakfast is served all day until they close at 4 PM. The staff if very nice, helpful and professional. Unfortunately, several of the items on the menu weren't available because it wasn't summer yet. That included lemonade, macaroni salad, and potato salad. I had a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich and my Mom had an omlet with toast and jelly. The food was good and tasty. The price was what you would expect for a diner. Our whole meal, including dessert was under $20 before the tip. The best part of this place was the homemade pies. There were lots to choose from, including chocolate cream, blueberry, and apple. There was also vinegar pie, actually made with vinegar and strawberries. I wasn't quite up to testing it, but the people in the booth next to us did and said it was delicious and didn't even taste of vinegar. Parking is on the street. There is a ramp to get into the building.

• Visited April 2013
South Pomfret, VT
“minimal diner”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Went here for lunch. Orange juice was good. Coffee and pancakes were OK. No VT maple syrup! My daughter had a club sandwich that was OK. It was served with crinkle-cut fries that I could have bought frozen myself at the grocery store. Staff was inattentive at best. The place is not in good shape physically - booths are very old and worn. I will not go back.

• Visited March 2013