“Welcoming staff, great place at a great price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White River Inn and Suites

White River Inn and Suites
Littleton, New Hampshire
“Welcoming staff, great place at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked a room here a bit last minute as I was coming in on the train on 3/12 and there was a horrendous snowstorm rolling into Vermont. I didn't want to make the hour plus trek home after getting off the train and this was the least expensive place I could find for the night. I booked through booking.com and got a great rate of $79! I also needed to ask some questions of the staff and I spoke to Mary on the phone before I arrived. There was even a point where I thought my train was cancelled due to weather (it ended up not being cancelled), and she was going to let me cancel the room and not charge me. Very gracious of her. She was so sweet and helpful, I felt like I was talking to someone I knew for years. When I checked in around 6:45 p.m., the woman and gentleman working at the desk were just as sweet and accommodating. They were joking back and forth and very good natured and check in was so easy. The woman also asked if I had eaten and I said no, commenting that I would probably settle in, then drive down to the McDonald's I saw on the way there. She proceeded to pull out a menu for Ziggy's, local restaurant and said "these guys will deliver right to your room!" It was music to my ears as I really was not looking forward to getting back into my car at all that night. The room was spotless and comfortable. I ended up with a suite with a couch/sitting area and a queen bed. There was also a tiny kitchenette in the room. I didn't need all that space, but the room was quite nice for the price. The complimentary continental breakfast was standard fare; cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles, fruit, coffee and juice. The bed was comfortable and I slept well! I met Mary in person the next morning and she was so happy that I made it in safely and wished me safe travels home. I would definitely recommend this place in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LeighLa74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Canaan, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed one night here on our way to Boston from Northern Vermont. We searched all of the other chain hotels in the area and couldn't find a room with two queen beds for less than $140 a night until we check the White River Inn and were able to book a room for $79 a night. The pictures online looked great but we were skeptical due to the inexpensive price. We were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is a little out dated but it looks like they are updating a little at a time which is fine when the hotel and the rooms are as clean as they are. Our room appeared to have just had a sprinkler system installed as the trim covering the piping was half complete but again, we were able to overlook this because the room was clean and comfortable. The pool and the pool area was very clean. We would definitely stay here again should we be in the area again and need to stay overnight.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Carrboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Lived there for a couple of months and had nothing but positive experiences. The suites were brand new and very clean. The overall quality of this place was definitely above average for this area, and I can say that because my husband and I searched for a long time before deciding to stay here.

The staff that we experienced was absolutely excellent. Everyone was always more than willing to help us out with anything we needed, and it was really pleasant to get a smile and greeting every time we entered or left the building.

We didn't get to use the indoor pool very much because of our busy schedule, but anyone with kids especially would really enjoy it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this as an option for a few nights or for a long-term stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spent 6 months here when working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center as a travel RN. Beautiful 1 bedroom apt with kitchen w/full sized appliances and granite, balcony, indoor pool and laundry facilities. 15 minutes from Dartmouth and across the street from the VA hospital. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Thanks Guys!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great clean affordable room. My husband and I arrived very late into town, we were able to get a room despite the fact that there was a large swim meet in the area, the front desk staff was accommodating and pleasant. The room was immaculate and we never heard a peep from other guests once we closed our door! Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013
campusU
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed with my mother while traveling through New England and I must say the staff was so friendly!!!! Angela gave us take out menus the night we checked in went out of her way to give us extra pillows and towels Craig gave us the best directions to see the foliage and he was spot on ! The next day we left and we were greeted in the morning again by an extreamly hard working manager ( angela was on at 8 am and apparently back for the day ) Then Rob and Erin with the attentiveness and taking care of multiple people at once . The room was great we were on the first floor in the " wonderland building" as angela called it and loved it back sliding doors clean and well lit. Ive made reservations for the winter already and would reccomend this place to anyone looking for a friendly go out of their way staff in a clean hotel with an AMAZING breakfast unless you want a 5 star room with an uppity snobby guest services experience. This place was great !!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank band_geek91
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We came late in the evening after my daughters swim meet and as soon as we walked in we were greeted friendly and while I was supposed to be at the holiday inn they had decided to walk me to their sister property. The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly even after being berated by his horrible English woman ( who complained several more times that evening while I was down visiting with the other parents.) The blonde woman who was helping me was trying to find me a room ( taking my daughters interests to mind which I was greatly appreciative of ) as well as talk to the hotel clerk from Holiday Inn who I am not sure what he was doing there but it seemed to create a bit of chaos she fielded rather well. Then to top it off was this awful woman yelling. The General manager had stepped in trying to help with the intolerable woman also tried to assist by offering a cart. All in all those women went above and beyond the hospitality norm and provided me a room suitable for our needs . I have no idea how that woman kept a smile on her face but I would like to make a point to say the blonde woman went above and beyond for the rest of our stay to make sure we were accommodated and did it all with grace after the such constant nasty people she had to deal with . Kudos to you and your hotel . WE WILL BE STAYING AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!

Room Tip: speak to the one of the female managers they are great at assessing your needs and accommodating you...