All reviews front desk continental breakfast waffles heated pool would recommend this hotel to anyone white river full kitchen va hospital sister hotel new england living room holiday inn lobby cereal microwave brick rates
Reviewed 10 October 2014

After finding out three hotels in the area were booked full, we discovered this hotel had a room available (and now we know why). The price was way more than expected, and was especially overpriced for the room. The sheets didn't fit the bed, the refrigerator had a horrible odor, there was hair in the shower, the light in the bathroom kept going out, the light switches were extremely difficult to figure out, and the room overall just didn't seem clean. I would not recommend this place to anyone. We didn't even go to the continental breakfast in the morning because after seeing the room, we couldn't trust the food. We are not high-class travelers, but this was completely unacceptable, especially considering the price.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bloczyge
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Being the "busy" season (presumably), most hotels in the area were already booked out. White River had a room, but at $199 a night. Then, the room was all the way at the end of a long hallway. The room itself was good, but the hotel only has one ice machine for the entire place, and it kept tripping off, having a hard time keeping making ice. Irresponsible of a hotel of this size to only have one machine. And for the price, the breakfast was very unremarkable ... waffles were the only hot item.

Room Tip: Book far ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ernest M
Reviewed 14 September 2014

we booked a room for 2 nights at the white river inn and suites. when we checked in, we were given a room at the end of a long hallway, by the exit door. the room was dirty,unappealing, had a dirty towel hanging in the bathroom and a filthy bathtub. when we called the front desk to see if we could be moved to another room, we were told the hotel was full but we could upgrade to a suite for an additional $70 a night. we opted not to do that. after dinner, when i took the bedspreads off of the beds, there was what appeared to a blood (or bloodlike) stain on my blanket. i immediately called the front desk to say we would move to a suite and was told that might not be an option and the man at the desk would call me back. apparently ,he called the manager (who was not on site and wouldn't be until monday) who said they'd move us to the suite and comp us the difference. it seemed like we were in a different hotel- the room was brand new- still smelled of paint- the toilet, shower, kitchenette, etc. all were brand new. the bed was double sheeted over the blanket. given the comparison, it appears that part of the hotel has been renovated, but the renovation hasn't been completed. the first room we were in should never have even been rented out to anyone.
we ended up cutting our trip short and only stayed one night, not the two we had originally booked. when i called to cancel the second night, i asked to speak to the manager but was told she wouldn't be in until monday, so i plan to call her then.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room and be sure you are not staying in an older room that has not been renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SBF800
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Being a fan of brands, I didn't know what to expect upon arriving to the White River Inn & Suites. The staff greeted me with a smile, the room was extra-large w/a microwave and fridge (necessities for me) and the location was quaint. It was right off of a main highway with easy access to everything. I slept wonderfully w/their wonderful sheets/comforter. The price was unbeatable. By far the best hotel for value I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank btolde
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I reserved a studio "apartment" for an out of State work assignment (I am from Ohio.) when I found this hotel online. Sheila the General Manager was very helpful and immediately put me at ease since I didn't know the area and I was worried about my accomodations When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel to be clean, quiet and my apartment was beautiful! The front desk was also able to answer all of my questions about the area and the hotel in general. During my stay, I used the fitness room daily, the cost of doing laundry was more reasonable than my apartment back home and I felt safe and comfortable during my time in Vermont.

I would highly recommend this hotel for traveling professionals as well as anyone looking for an above average place to stay while visiting the area.

Room Tip: Although, I was on the fourth floor (highest level) I never noticed any excessive noise in the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business