“Art crowd”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tip Top Café is one of those eatery's that you find in every town with "theater" and "music" venues nearby. The food may to some be considered creative, but it doesn't stand up to the prices charged. I have been twice and was not impressed with either visit. If contemporary fare is what you seek, take a trip across the river and make your way up to Hanover, NH.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I flew in from Montana to celebrate my mothers 85th bday. I had heard rave reviews of the place from my family. When the 6 of us arrived early in the eve, there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We chose early in the eve to get quicker service. We ordered the famous french fries , salads and entrees and then proceeded to wait well over an hour for anything including appetizers to arrive. When we asked the waitress where the fries were, she responded that she only had two hands! A couple of salads arrived but not all of them. We flagged down the inept waitress and inquired where the other salads were. "They seem to have been given to other tables, I guess I could ask the kitchen if they could remake them for you." What a bizarre and thoughtless response. The evening was a disaster, thoughtless waitress, painfully slow service, COLD and tough entrees (the meatloaf had been much anticipated but was burnt and cold) and expensive. Due to the celebratory aspect of the event, it seemed bad taste to send the meals back. There never was a crowd, so I can't think what took the waitress so long and I gather the meals were cold as she forgot to bring them in a timely fashion. I say avoid disappointment and go elsewhere!

1  Thank Barbie C
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place can is pretty good. The appetizers always seem to please but the entrees rarely do. I’d recommend ordering a bunch of the apps and sharing them. All of their salads are fabulous – and I’m not a salad guy. The fries are definitely worth ordering. The dining room can get noisy when it's busy (lots of hard surfaces and nothing to absorb sound). The wait staff is generally courteous and professional.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This has become our regular tuesday/Wednesday dinner place when in town for business. Food is not good...it is GREAT! Cannot get over those garlic French fries. Always looking forward to our next visit. I had the roasted duck ----- yum, yum. Menu changes a little every week. I hope that they will have a 4-6 oz fillet mignon (sp) one week as that is my fav meat. Will be back there next week.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Tip Top is a great local restaurant with delicious food and great service. They always use fresh local ingredients. Growing up this building was a local bakery-it has been renovated and it is great to see the downtown area revitalized.