“Great place near Burlington”

Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for a weekend and really enjoyed it. It's a really nice place even if the outside of the buildings would need a fresh coat of painting. But our studio suite was very clean and had everything to cook and a fireplace. The breakfast room in the main building is lovely and the breakfast buffet was great. The staff is very friendly Unfortunately, we only stayed for one night but it would have been worth staying longer. I would certainly recommend the place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurence_Brussels

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed on the weekend of September 14th. Since we live in Canada and our main purpose was shopping, we had some packages deliver to the hotel. The front desk staff gave us our packages at our arrival. The hotel was very clean and has coffee and tea available at the front desk. Wifi has an excellent signal, even in the parking lot. The breakfast was good, some variety.
Staff was helpful, and the room was great and equipped with fridge, microwave, stove, etc. We had a good stay and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariela R
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A great hotel on the outskirts of Burlington with clean rooms and facilities. A big plus with a pool and fitness center. Very comfy with my two children tagging along on a little business after recreation vacation! Staff were all super friendly.

Room Tip: I mentioned my triple A membership and they upgraded us to the large handicap sweet with a kitchenet...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cimartsmart
Reviewed 14 August 2013

All this hotel needs is new furniture, updated amenities, and new decor. They clearly upgraded the kitchens to match the RI standard, but the rest of the room isn't so great. Really dark, dreary and not fresh or terribly clean. This is a pet-friendly hotel so not sure if they use all rooms for those travelling with pets, but there was a stale odor in the room. But, the staff was quite friendly and helpful, I just recommend brightening up the rooms a bit.
Pros: friendly staff, decent kitchen setup, good location, decent breakfast (although they ran out before the 9:30 cutoff so I only had 1.5 cups instead of my usual 2), quiet rooms (except for the AC blower).
Cons: dingy rooms and furniture, couldn't control the AC temp other than to turn it on/off (too cold for sleeping), small bed with not great mattress, found an ant in the kitchen, soap bar disintegrated in the soap dish (!?!?!?) - wierd and disturbing. As much travelling as I do, I've never seen the bar of soap turn to a paste-like substance. All I could think of was that there was bleach or another chemical left in the soap dish that interacted poorly with the soap. I rinsed it out and it didn't happen again. Also, the tub started to fill while I showered - yuck. I made sure the drain was open but it kept filling. Need a little drano perhaps.
Would I recommend it - if you're going to simply sleep, yes. If you're going to spend a week....not really. I would only stay there again if I know it's been remodeled. The room rate was pretty outrageous for the night - $239. But everywhere else was totally booked. Getting into Burlington or onto the highway is a snap.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is used for pets.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 82sammy
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel some feedback. I will get together with the appropriate departments to tackle some the issues you experienced. I am happy to see that you enoyed our breakfast and had a good experience with our staff. We appreciate your feedback and hope if you are in the area again, you will allow us to serve you. Happy travels!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have stayed here at least 3 times over the past couple of years. The staff at the hotel is always very attentive here, from booking a taxi for an early morning flight to the BBQ night dinner they provided during the last trip. The food is the best of any residence inn I've stayed at! Although it is an older style residence inn (separate house buildings rather than one big building), everything is very clean and well-maintained at this property. While it is a little bit outside of Burlington, I would definitely stay here again in the future. Very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 226christian76

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to see the staff was able to assist you with your needs. I'm also happy to see that you enjoyed our BBQ night during our Evening Social. During the summer, this is always a popular event and I am glad you were able to experience it. I appreciate the fact that you have stayed with us multiple times and you always return. Everyone here looks forward to your next return!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We just spent a long weekend here. There were four of us so they upgraded us to the Penthouse Suite. It was nice and roomy. Chris, at the front desk, is a gem. He was very helpful and great to talk to. The breakfast buffet provided more than enough choices for a complete meal. This is, however, one of the older Residence Inns that we have stayed at. Overall, it was a pleasant trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the higher numbered building are further away from the road and are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank littleome522

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy your upgrade to our Penthouse Suite. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. It is always fantastic to see our guests having great interactions with our employees! I have shared your kind words to our staff and hope we will be able to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here in early July during which Burlington was dealing with a significant amount of rain which had flooded several of the rooms on the lower levels of the hotel's buildings. The exterior of the buildings leaves something to be desired. We had a room on the second level and it was really spacious and extremely clean. There were six of us and we had plenty of room to stretch our legs and spread out during our two nights. The breakfast is really good, (they had water issues in the dining area as well) with fresh fruit, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, something for everyone. The staff needs to be commended for dealing with a tough situation in such a professional manner. The housekeeper (after bumping into us) even left us a wonderful note saying she hoped we had a great day! Even with the water issues we are planning on returning to this hotel next July.

Room Tip: Second floor is a good bet to avoid any water issues.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katty W
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your patience during a time of record rain in Vermont. I am thrilled that the room you stayed in met your needs and our staff was attentive. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
Courtyard Burlington Williston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!