“Perfect and reasonable burlington getaway”

TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A 10 min drive 2 burlington. Room was very large. 2 bdrm and full kitchen $!59. Extremely clean and very comfortable. Does Not nickle and dime you. Pool big. Fitness small but off to send you 2 local gym. Free if you want. Totally worth for families. Nice staff. Close to many chain resteraunts

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff was excellent, and room was very clean. I really liked having a kitchen especially since I was there during snowstorm Nemo. The building was really quiet, and the location was perfect for me. Another reviewer mentioned that the rooms were sparse, but I would totally disagree. My room had a full kitchen, sitting area with a flat screen tv and great closet space. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank RH4769
Reviewed 14 February 2013

HELLO. We come up to Burlington regularly for business and we are slowly working our way through all of the Marriott properties in the area. This trip, we decided to try out TownePlace Suites.

TownePlace is definitely the budget end of the Marriott spectrum but this is not a negative comment, just a statement of fact.TThe prices are cheaper; the rooms are a bit smaller. Breakfast is continental--cold foods only. We are in a yet to be renovated 'suite' so I am not going to make any comments about the decor other than to say that for a yet to be renovated room it is in pretty good shape and VERY clean and sparkling. It is smaller than a similar suite at a Residence Inn but still contains a full kitchen.

Check-in was quick and friendly.I was told that the extra towels that we had requested were already in the room; that's never happened before. I was given breakfast times and told about a place nearby if I wanted a hot breakfast--there was plenty of warning and a 20% off coupon.

Definitely choose a top floor room here. I could here hubby walking around, so I can imagine what our downstairs neighbors were hearing.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter
1  Thank Peregrina651
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stay pretty exclusively at Marriott hotels and found this location to be lacking in a number of areas. First off, no breakfast and no heads up about it. I understand they had a fire quite some time ago and still recovering. Really inconvenient. Fortunately I had some leftover food from the previous night's stay at another hotel. I left wishing I had just stayed both nights at the other hotel. The room is fine - fairly meager - for ok for 1 night. One annoying thing is that there is no luggage stand so you have to use the coffee table to put you suitcase on and open, otherwise you have to put it on the sofa or floor. The bath is small but again, for 1 night you get by. For the lower price you expect to give up a few things. Another nuisance was the elevator location. I was directed to the opposite building from check in office and the nearest door. When I went in I saw no elevator. I know there must be one but if so, it's way at the other end of the building. One upside is there's plenty of shopping and eating choices around and it is a quick hop on/off the highway. It is a bit congested because of the shopping though, but only 1 light or so to the on/off ramp. They really need to get the breakfast situation rectified. Even if they hand out snack boxes. I'm not sure if I'd stay again.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We were at this hotel in the middle of January 2013 for a ski trip. Check-in was easy and quick. They are 2 buildings in this property, 1 was closed in renovation. Marriott did advised us when we reserved our room. The constrution was not disturbing at all. The pool was open but it was in the other building and in winter it's it's not convenient.

The room was typical and what we expected for a Towneplace Suites. At reservation time we ask for more towels and they we're in the room at the check-in. It was really clean and we did not encounter any problem for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We went on a last minute ski trip and this was the closest reasonably priced hotel around. If you're skiing Stowe or Sugarbush, you're about 45 minutes from the parking lot at either resort. That 45 minute drive turned into a 2-hour drive back one night since traffic leaving Stowe from 4 - 6 pm in the winter is bumper to bumper -- plus there was a ton of fresh snow and the driving conditions were terrible. If you are willing to endure that, then this is a decent place to stay.

The TowneSuites are long-term stay rooms with a small kitchen. We had a king bed, a pull out couch, a small flat screen tv, a small dining table and a small kitchen with a fridge, stove, oven, and dishwasher. (And of course, a standard bathroom with shower/tub combo). It's about 2 miles off I-89 tucked away behind some strip malls and near a new residential area.

Pros: It was quiet, very reasonably priced, relatively convenient to the highway, "grab and go" breakfast with coffee and muffins

Cons: the kitchen floor was sticky the first night (which was rectified without asking when they cleaned the next day), the room configuration was pretty compact (not a problem for a short stay, but if I were doing an extended stay it might annoy me), no restaurant on site and the complimentary breakfast offerings are slim.

We did not see or use the pool or 24-hour fitness facilities.

Overall -- it worked for us for a 2-night trip. Next time I'll book earlier and try to find something closer to the ski areas.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PhotoTvlr0228
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am a Marriott Gold member, so I've stayed in many across the US. This facility is spotless and the desk staff is very polite and prompt to answer questions. There are a couple nice breakfast spots nearby - Chef's Corner and a bagel place in the adjacent shopping center. The grab and go breakfast is limited and just has prepackaged muffins, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, and whole fruit. No fresh baked goods or toast.

My room smelled clean and fresh and everything was in place when I got to my room. It had enough hangers and a chair in the closet to put my suitcase on. The trash can in the bathroom is under the sink, took me a while to find that.

I would recommend a top floor as apparently they're not that solid and there was someone doing Zumba or aerobics above my head at 7:30am on a Saturday and it sounded like she was coming throught the floor.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank vermonterk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Williston
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!