“Good choice for Burlington holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston

TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Indonesia
“Good choice for Burlington holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We're fortunate to have room on 1st floor which happened to be renovated recently. Everything in the room look very new except the microwave. The room is spacious and very clean. The bathroom isn't so big but completely renovated. Just like other Towneplace hotel, the breakfast is very simple and the location is across our building. The location of the hotel is 15 miles from the city but it's easy to access the interstate. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The staff is very nice and polite but the room smelled like Ben Gay, Breakfast is sparse and consists only of cereal and bagels. The construction crew starts early so I would avoid this place until remodel is complete.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear LisaE3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I would like to offer my most sincere apologies that our property did not meet all your expectations during your stay.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and found the cleanliness to be exceptional. We are excited to provide our guest with a brand new stay!

I understand there is some confusion with the reservation you made and the rooms you were provided with as this property does include two-bedroom suites. We are always striving to exceed expectations and conquer areas of improvment. I would like to discuss your experience with us more in depth to learn how we can. Please feel free to call the hotel at 802-872-5900, and ask for Ashley.

Warm Regards,

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Team
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel is at the quiet end of a busy commercial strip outside Burlington, VT. Close to the Interstate, a "power strip" center and two shopping centers, and a few minute drive into Burlington. Got upgraded to a two-bedroom at no extra cost of arrival. Hotel staff was noticeably excellent and enthusiastic. Room was quiet (we were on the third floor). There are a few "missing" amenities compared to Residence Inn, such as a slightly smaller, though perfectly adequate, room, a whirlpool in the pool area and a hot breakfast. What is offered is well-presented and excellent value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank panchess
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

A 10 min drive 2 burlington. Room was very large. 2 bdrm and full kitchen $!59. Extremely clean and very comfortable. Does Not nickle and dime you. Pool big. Fitness small but off to send you 2 local gym. Free if you want. Totally worth for families. Nice staff. Close to many chain resteraunts

• Stayed April 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff was excellent, and room was very clean. I really liked having a kitchen especially since I was there during snowstorm Nemo. The building was really quiet, and the location was perfect for me. Another reviewer mentioned that the rooms were sparse, but I would totally disagree. My room had a full kitchen, sitting area with a flat screen tv and great closet space. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank RH4769
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

HELLO. We come up to Burlington regularly for business and we are slowly working our way through all of the Marriott properties in the area. This trip, we decided to try out TownePlace Suites.

TownePlace is definitely the budget end of the Marriott spectrum but this is not a negative comment, just a statement of fact.TThe prices are cheaper; the rooms are a bit smaller. Breakfast is continental--cold foods only. We are in a yet to be renovated 'suite' so I am not going to make any comments about the decor other than to say that for a yet to be renovated room it is in pretty good shape and VERY clean and sparkling. It is smaller than a similar suite at a Residence Inn but still contains a full kitchen.

Check-in was quick and friendly.I was told that the extra towels that we had requested were already in the room; that's never happened before. I was given breakfast times and told about a place nearby if I wanted a hot breakfast--there was plenty of warning and a 20% off coupon.

Definitely choose a top floor room here. I could here hubby walking around, so I can imagine what our downstairs neighbors were hearing.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter
1 Thank Peregrina651
massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stay pretty exclusively at Marriott hotels and found this location to be lacking in a number of areas. First off, no breakfast and no heads up about it. I understand they had a fire quite some time ago and still recovering. Really inconvenient. Fortunately I had some leftover food from the previous night's stay at another hotel. I left wishing I had just stayed both nights at the other hotel. The room is fine - fairly meager - for ok for 1 night. One annoying thing is that there is no luggage stand so you have to use the coffee table to put you suitcase on and open, otherwise you have to put it on the sofa or floor. The bath is small but again, for 1 night you get by. For the lower price you expect to give up a few things. Another nuisance was the elevator location. I was directed to the opposite building from check in office and the nearest door. When I went in I saw no elevator. I know there must be one but if so, it's way at the other end of the building. One upside is there's plenty of shopping and eating choices around and it is a quick hop on/off the highway. It is a bit congested because of the shopping though, but only 1 light or so to the on/off ramp. They really need to get the breakfast situation rectified. Even if they hand out snack boxes. I'm not sure if I'd stay again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
No photo provided
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
No photo provided
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!