“Very Nice, New Hotel with Great Staff”

TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Very Nice, New Hotel with Great Staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Excellent property that I cannot recommend enough. The rooms were new and clean, quite, and the staff most helpful. Nice location close to restaurants and Grocery. Easy on the Highway and quick 5 min trip to downtown Burlington.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jetdriver11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montreal
Reviewed 18 January 2010

My husband and I recently stayed here, our room was clean and also spacious for a studio and It's close to ammenities but the best part was how impressed we were with the staff at this hotel. Friendly and effiicient, they couldn't have been more helpful. We asked for wine glasses at the front desk and the attendant went out of her way to get them for us. Upon check-out there had been a problem with the hot wate running outr that morning and we were awarded Marriott reward points without even asking for them. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We suffered several bedbug bites while staying in room 113. Do not stay at this hotel unless they show you a certificate that the place has been exterminated.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HazelHartford_CT
Hotel66Hotel66, Hotel Management Company at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Dear HazelHarford~

Thank you for your recent posting on September 28, 2009 about our establishment. I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, and further trust, you communicated your frustrations upon your departure so we were empowered to immediately remedy the situation.

We take all guest comments and feedback very seriously and try to remedy any situation immediately. It is truly upsetting to hear when a traveler is not satisfied with our product and overall experience.

Please know we acted upon your comments as they relate to room 113 and have taken the necessary precautions of hiring an exterminator to analyze and treat the room if necessary. We are committed to delivering exemplary service to all of our guests, especially our Marriott Reward Members.

Thank you for your communication and continued partnership with Marriott.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2009

It's a nice little hotel, but nothing to get you too excited. The studio suite was a good size and the kitchen amenities were appreciated. It was in good proximity to Stowe and Waterbury and there are decent amenities nearby (Walmart, Longhorn, etc.). The front desk staff could have been more accomodating. We used Marriott points for the room and no mention of that fact, nor acknowledgement of the fact that we are Elite members was made. We asked for a complimentary upgrade to a 1 BR suite and they refused, despite the fact that such rooms were available. That was a bit off-putting given that when we previously redeemed points with Marriott, we've always been given upgrades (without asking) plus goodie bags, etc. Also there was no hot chocolate by the coffee and tea despite a big sign advertising it. I asked the manager about it and he said, "Oh, we're out, we'll have some more in a few days." Not very helpful. The free internet in the lobby was nice and the maids were great. So again, a decent, clean hotel but nothing to get excited over.

Stayed December 2008
nj
Reviewed 25 November 2008

We were going to stay at the residence inn down the street, but the pool was closed. (I have an issue that Marriott didn't notify people of that, I happened upon it but that is another issue.) I booked a 2 bedroom at townplace suites, disappointed that there wasn't a hottub nor was there a fireplace in the room. However, they allow dogs so we booked. The place is hard to find, there is construction in the back of it, and few places to walk your dogs. Staff weren't rude, but not very friendly either. Dessert nite consisted of a plate of cookies in the lobby that is left alot to be desired. My daughter wanted to go and when we got there I had to ask where it was they pointed to a tray of cookies, I thought, other marriott brands give those out all the time. The pool was heavily chlorinated and my daughter developed a rash that required a few oatmeal baths to clear up and left her in discomfort for a few days. They give you a notice that housekeeping doesn't come everyday, rather a 3 of the 5 days we were staying they would make our bed, empty trash and freshen towels. AS we take our dogs with us that was OK except, if we wanted to vaccum ourselves there was no way we could. 5 nights of dog hair was gross and I wouldn't let me own floors go 5 nights without cleaning up the doghair.

The suites are small. i went for the 2 bedroom in hopes we would have space for us and the two dogs but it was tight. There were only two chairs so if a family wanted to eat dinner in the room, one person would not have a seat. I think I would rather try and rent a house for that amount next time as there would be more room. I think the place would be fine for business or someone relocating, but not for family with kids. the family above us had children and we heard every step til they went to bed after midnite (and up at 6am)
But the hotel does allow dogs, it is convenient to 89 and is considered a 2 star with the marriott so they aren't raising any expectations. I am uploading pictures to show the tight quarters.

• Liked — That they allowed dogs
  • Disliked — the suites are small
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Boston, Mass.
Reviewed 20 September 2008

I stayed here with my wife and 6-year-old son.

As mentioned earlier, a little tough to find.

Check-in and check-out staff were friendly and efficient. The studio room was clean and well-maintained - the room was missing linens for the sleeper sofa. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave, but clearly not needed for a single night. It also had a nice desk space, and filing cabinets available. The complimentary wireless internet was very useful.

The fitness center, business center, pool were all open 24 hours and certainly would have been useful if I were traveling alone on business.

I would have to echo prior mentions that this was not particularly quiet - you could hear people walking up and down the stairs, and there was this persistent mechanical buzz that woke me at 4 am and never completely went away.

• Liked — Location (1/2 way between Burlington waterfront and Ben and Jerry's)
  • Disliked — Noise.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 6 July 2008

Located with poor signage, I passed this property twice before realizing it. In true Vermont fashion, this one blends in!

Once I checked in (cookies, yum!) I found the room to be average in size, comfort, and cleanliness. The living/dining areas were nice probably for a family, but not for this solo traveler. But then again, the microwave, full refrigerator, and dishwasher could be super handy if you plan to stay here for more than a week. New showerhead in bathroom was superb, as was the comfortable bedding.

Indoor pool looked inviting, and a full laundry room would be great for anyone on long-term stay.

Upstairs heavy-walkers, next door door-slammers, and hallway-roaming children meant this was hardly the place for a soft sleeper. My request for a high floor room was also not honored...and I'm Marriott platinum! It is clear the hotel is not constructed for quiet, but rather for cost.

In any case, I only needed this place for sleep and shower while on an active weekend. If you're snowed in here in the winter, or planning on a long stay, then be aware of some noise flaws.

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — Noise issues
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!