First of all, let me start by explaining why we chose this particular property. My partner and I were taking a short trip down to Burlington for the long weekend in order to relax (as one of us had just finished university) and do some shopping. We did an extensive research on Expedia in order to find a property that would suit our needs. We wanted to book a nice and modern hotel with an indoor pool & jacuzzi/hot-tub. Only 3 properties in the area offered that: The Holiday Inn Express on Shelburne road, The DoubleTree by Hilton and the Courtyard by Marriott. We eliminated the Holiday Inn Express as we were looking for something a little more upscale. This left us between the DoubleTree and the Courtyard. Both were more or less the same price. We chose the Courtyard as we usually do not stay in Marriott properties, but had decided to give them a chance.
The check-in was smooth, we were assigned to a king room. Although the hotel did show some age in some areas (the elevator, patio door, room doors, etc...), the overall property and rooms look clean and modern. Our complaints pertain more to the facilities, or lack thereof, offered at the Courtyard. On the first night, we went down to the main floor to go to the pool and relax a little bit. What we found was a day care that was out of control. Kids all over the place screaming to the top of their lungs, splashing water all over the place. The hot tub was not functional.
On the second evening, we return to the main floor to access the pool/spa. This time, the place was empty but the entire heating pump and jets to the facilities were down. I tried to call the front desk using the phone in the pool area, but it didn't even worked. I then tried to find a towel to wrap around myself in order to present myself at the front desk, but there were none. So I walked to the front desk in my bathing suit, dripping on the floor, and spoke to the clerk who didn't seem to care at all that the hot tub was not working. I explained to him that we had chosen this property for the hot tub and the indoor pool, and that we paid much more than what other establishments were charging for the weekend. He replied that I only overpaid because I booked through Expedia; next time I should book directly with them. He stated that the room I paid 130,00$ a night on Expedia was being sold for 79.00 at the front desk. Concerning the hot tub, he stated that it'll be fixed in the next couple of days (when I'll be gone). I informed him that I was dissatisfied with my stay and that I wanted to speak to the manager. We both didn't feel like we had gotten our money's worth. He handed me over a business card of a Mrs. Howrigan. I went up to my room and wrote a long email to this supposed manager about our experience. It's been three weeks now, and she has never replied.
I believe that the front desk clerk could have at least offered us some form of compensation for our inconvenience. A complimentary breakfast at the very least. Instead, he made me feel stupid for overpaying through Expedia. Furthermore, I believe that the Mrs. Howrigan could at least have followed up on my complaint. Before posting a negative review on TripAdvisor, I always, always contact the management of the establishment to give them an opportunity to redeem themselves. Unfortunately, this has not been the case with the Courtyard by Marriott in Williston.
Additionally, take note that I have read a few negative reviews on this property and the manager has replied publicly to them on this site. Yet, she has disregarded my e-mail. Therefore, if this manager does post a reply to this review, it's probably only because it has been posted to the public.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard Burlington Williston Hotel provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi and access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Guests are provided with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Williston hotel is conveniently located near the highway, granting easy access to Burlington area businesses and sights. Located near IBM, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, GE Healthcare, Fletcher Allen Healthcare, and the Champlain Valley Exposition we are a convenient choice for the business traveler. Vibrant, contemporary guest rooms feature flat screen HDTVs and are an excellent option for out-of-town guests. Enjoy a well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool at our hotel the Burlington International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Burlington Williston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Burlington Taft Corners Hotel Williston
- Courtyard Hotel Williston
- Courtyard Williston
- Williston Courtyard
- Williston Marriott