“Glad to know it's re-opened”
Review of Adams Farm

Adams Farm
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Adams Farm is a family run farm since 1865. The farm is currently owned and operated by 5th generation, Christopher (Kip) Adams. Three generations of Adams’ currently work on the farm, which operates year round with seasonal activities. We have a small farm store that features both Adams Farm products and gifts (meats, eggs, maple syrup, sauces, and more), as well as other Vermont made products (maple, sauces, wood products, and all around Vermont gifts & farm related gifts). Visit our friendly farm animals year round. During the summer months take a scenic horseback ride, join us for some paintball, and a variety of special activities including wagon rides & Farm-to-Table BBQs. During the winter months join us for a horse-drawn sleigh ride to a log cabin in the woods for hot chocolate and to warm up by the wood stoves.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Glad to know it's re-opened”
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Adams Farm has been one of my family's favorite attractions for years. It's not the Bronx Zoo but it doesnt try to be. It's a real VT farm that doing a great job fighting the uphill battle that all small farms face. Go, see some different things, try some different activities, you'll have fun.

1 Thank Gary F

Merrick, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great family attraction”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I brought my five year old niece and four year old and 20 month old nephews here this past weekend. My nephew had wanted to milk cows so I thought the petting zoo would be perfect. The farm is adorable and well-maintained. They have a great selection of animals and is very interactive! The kids were able to feed cows, chickens, turkeys, bunnies, goats, pigs and alpaca. We went into the bunny house and chicken and turkey pens. It was a good value as well. We paid $45 for food and entrance fees for 4 adults and two children. I look forward to bringing my own children there some day! I would like to try some of the other attractions: tractor pull, fishing, bonfires, and sleigh rides.

1 Thank dpanzarino
Bennington, VT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Real Family Fun on the Farm”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

What's best about visiting Adams Farm is the Adams family! Just a relaxing time with the grandchildren...petting farm, picnic lunch and tractor-pulled wagon ride up into the woods. Real Vermont with real Vermonters!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank VTBuddy
, 6th generation Adams, Tessa at Adams Farm, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Thank you for visiting us! We're all glad to hear you and your family enjoyed themselves. Be sure to check back with us often on our website or facebook for the changes coming. We are hoping to have a new dairy goat barn constructed for the fall, and hopefully folks will be able to see how cheese is made from goat's milk. Again thank you for your visit and for supporting a small family farm.
Fishkill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Stay away, its a rip-off”
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We had made a reservation with our credit card (paid in full in advance) over the phone, for our family to take a sleigh ride. Our kids were really looking forward to it. We arrive 10 minutes late (GPS took us a very long route) to find the farm completely closed. No one was there to speak to us so I decided to call them directly. I explained to the woman (the owner) we were late and wanted to know what our options were. She said we had NO options and was keeping all our money $90.00. I asked her very politely if we could have a rain check or take the ride later in the day. I was open to any option. She said I had NO options and hung up the phone. I’m disputing the charge with my credit card company. I could see keeping a deposit, but she kept the entire amount! She was rude and very unreasonable!! This is not the way to do business!!! I would stay away from this place at all cost.

11 Thank TerryS_8
VT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Better go while you can”
Reviewed 1 October 2009

They recently announced that due to the economy, they will be closing the Farm. They will try to continue to the sleigh rides during the winter but the store, animals petting, and show will be discontinued.

2 Thank bblbVT