“Don't have to be a kid to enjoy this place!”
Review of Adams Farm

Adams Farm
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Adams Farm is a family run farm since 1865. The farm is currently owned and operated by 5th generation, Christopher (Kip) Adams. Three generations of Adams’ currently work on the farm, which operates year round with seasonal activities. We have a small farm store that features both Adams Farm products and gifts (meats, eggs, maple syrup, sauces, and more), as well as other Vermont made products (maple, sauces, wood products, and all around Vermont gifts & farm related gifts). Visit our friendly farm animals year round. During the summer months take a scenic horseback ride, join us for some paintball, and a variety of special activities including wagon rides & Farm-to-Table BBQs. During the winter months join us for a horse-drawn sleigh ride to a log cabin in the woods for hot chocolate and to warm up by the wood stoves.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I happened on this charming family farm while driving through, and really enjoyed my visit. For a small fee you can tour the grounds and get a bucket of various feed for the different animals. There's a nice picnic area, a lovely pond, barns, nice gift shop, and hayrides. I believe in winter sleigh rides are offered too. As an adult visitor I had such as much fun as a young child would, and also learned quite a bit about what goes into a real working farm. Do visit Adams Farm, you will enjoy it no matter what your age!

2  Thank sandytravelbug

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I can't say enough good about The Adams Farm! My tour groups have visited it 3 different times and always it's one of the favorite things my guests do. For a small fee of I think $12 my groups enjoy a wagon ride through the farm pulled by antique tractors with narrated stops along the way including their maple sugar lot, trout pond, local history, cabin and more. We enjoy a demonstration of sheep herding with Flash the farm dog, see the goats, enter the
theatre to hear Bill talk of his family history which is extremely interesting and this time saw baby bunnies and got to bottle feed a goat. Their gift shop is enjoyable and we bought lots of their maple syrup and other goodies. I will never visit New England without a stop there and I hope you too will support this American family farm!

2  Thank TimisTours
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have been to the farm with my groups more than once and it is always a great time! Love the family (flash included), the demonstrations and hands on goat feeding are so much fun! The wagon ride through the property is amazing, one customer told me today that he loved it so much because it reminded him of where he lived as a kid, if you happen to be in the area, make sure to stop in!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Adams Farm has been one of my family's favorite attractions for years. It's not the Bronx Zoo but it doesnt try to be. It's a real VT farm that doing a great job fighting the uphill battle that all small farms face. Go, see some different things, try some different activities, you'll have fun.

1  Thank Gary F
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I brought my five year old niece and four year old and 20 month old nephews here this past weekend. My nephew had wanted to milk cows so I thought the petting zoo would be perfect. The farm is adorable and well-maintained. They have a great selection of animals and is very interactive! The kids were able to feed cows, chickens, turkeys, bunnies, goats, pigs and alpaca. We went into the bunny house and chicken and turkey pens. It was a good value as well. We paid $45 for food and entrance fees for 4 adults and two children. I look forward to bringing my own children there some day! I would like to try some of the other attractions: tractor pull, fishing, bonfires, and sleigh rides.

1  Thank dpanzarino