My wife and I stayed at the Wilmington Inn and Tavern for a Mt. Snow Ski trip. First and foremost Patrick was an exceptional Innkeeper. He did everything he could to make our stay memorable. The quaint and comfortable Inn is quintessentially Vermont. It kind of looks like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. It's nothing fancy, but it's what you would expect out of a B&B. Our room was cozy and comfortable, my wife and I slept well both nights. There's also some nice common areas with comfy furniture and fireplaces to relax by.
Breakfast was decadent. There are several options, but none better than the homemade banana bread french toast in my opinion; however, everything we ate came out delicious and fresh. Breakfast starts at 8, so if you're a turbo and need to be on the first chair, you might miss out. Since is was end of March, my wife and took our time enjoying breakfast and then made our way to the hill. It was a short ride (15 min at the most) to the slopes. Upon our return we walked into town where there were a couple of shops and restaurants. There was a small hot tub at the Inn, but after a filling meal and some beers my wife and I decided hit the sheets to do it all over again.
I will absolutely stay here again. It's walking distance to shops, a bar and restaurants. It has a bar in it, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. What really makes Wilmington nice is the Inn keepers. They take a lot of pride in their place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1894 main house with an attached carriage house. Located on a knoll at the edge of the village.Main building has 4 rooms, a large suite,fireplaced living room,Lincoln library,pub,and fireplaced dining room that is also open to the public.Carriage house has 3 rooms and a suite.Guest rooms decorated individually -antiques,country furnishings,and a splash of the owner's travels.All rooms have private bath some with whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.Full breakfast is included in rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Wilmington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmington Inn & Tavern Hotel Wilmington
- The Wilmington Inn And Tavern