“Delusions of Grandeur”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I stopped in for dinner a few days ago. This is a SIMPLE little place with a bbq and a bar. It is outside on a deck. Nice enough. Simple food that is fairly decent, nothing special. That is all it is. What it isn't is great and our waitress (if you can call her that) was awful. We were promptly seated and greeted. When ordering, my wife asked for the accompanying salad, but without the gorgonzola. After extended and unnecessary discussion with the waitress, my wife received a simple salad of iceberg lettuce and a few tomato pieces. No carrots, no cucumbers. The waitress explained that they just didn't have any. That was okay, but an $8.00 up-charge. Who are you kidding? My wife ordered a basic Marguerita. Nothing fancy, but $13.00....really???? We are used to high-end restaurants and prices, but they come with location, quality, atmosphere and service. This place has the prices, but nothing else. As for service, my wife asked for a glass of water....three times....it never arrived. I asked for a coke but it never arrived either. The meal was otherwise okay, but nothing special. Merely adequate.

There are newer reviews for Jerry's Deck Bar & Grill

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate at the tavern not the main dining room. Tavern has a different menu of decent selection of typical pub food. The restaurant is in the old barn with high wood ceilings and was very warm and cosy on a snowy January night. Service was quick and welcoming, food decent (French onion soup can definitely be improved, burgers and chicken wings are solid). Warm maple bread pudding with vanilla ice-cream was delicious! Not too sweet but just perfect!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Outdoors but covered & heated. Very attentive service. Clam chowder, swordfish & burger were off the chart. Great food with nightly specials.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The burgers are definitely good. They come with a pasta salad instead of fries - that's ok - it's different. However, dessert at $8.50 is way, way overpriced. If I go back, there will be no dessert and coffee.price .

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stopped there on our way from a weekend in southern VT and was pleasantly surprised. I had the New England clam chowder and I have to admit I have never had a chowder with so many clams in it. Every spoonful was overflowing with yummy clams. The view overlooking the crystal clear water of a gorgeous New England stream was straight out of postcard.
Don't miss this seasonal eatery. It's delicious!