“Good fresh food”

Dot's
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped at Dot's while passing through Wilmington for a late breakfast. We were very happy to find that they served whole grain pancakes! The blueberry pancakes were delicious.The veggie omelet was great too, and so was their homemade wheat bread! The breakfast and lunch menu had many choices, and the service was friendly and efficient. We had a tasty meal with a view of the river.

Syracuse, NY
“Great recovery from Hurricane Irene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were saddened that Irene in 2011 had severely disabled Dot's Restaurant, a friendly little place at which we occasionally stopped on our way to/from New Hampshire and Maine. It took a while to get Dot's back in shape, but it's as great a place as ever to stop for lunch. Nice variety, attentive service, good value. The building is on the old footprint but it looks new. A large part of the dining area has been moved to the east side, overlooking the creek, and the flowers outside is further evidence that the owner cares. Great chili, by the way.

1 Thank Doctor_MSyracuse_NY
Underhill, Vermont
“Freshest Diner Food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Are lunch hear after golf. I was impressed with the cleanliness, the service, and the local fresh offerings. Half the tables have views I'd the River below. Great breakfast and lunch spot.

1 Thank SkiMadVT
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Not as good as before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Went toDot's several times before the flood. Always good. Drove 40 miles
out of our way to have lunch at the rebuilt Dot's. The building is beautiful.
The food, not so much. I had a bacon cheeseburger that was over cooked. My wife had pancakes with 3 kinds of berries. Again, dried out and over cooked. Frozen berries. Kind of a letdown. Hope it gets better.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Scrmnjay
New York City
“DOT's is Back In Wilmington, VT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been taking my family skiing at Mt. Snow since my kids were 6 years old. After a day of skiing and enjoying the outdoors, we would always stop by DOT's to warm up by eating their famous Chili or other Blue Plate specials. A few years ago Hurricane Irene dropped so much rain in Vermont that the river almost washed away this dinner. Just to give you a perspective the river is about 30 feet down from the town bridge.

As a result DOT's was heavily damaged along with many other businesses in the downtown, Wilmington area. Thanks to the support of their town and many individual customers, Dots was able to rebuild and once again re-opened its doors last December.

Yesterday I was visiting colleges with my daughter in NH. We were heading back to NY, when we decided to take a small detour from I-91 and drive to Wilmington, VT a short drive from Exit 2 on I-91. It was a great summer day, sky was blue and Vermont looked beautiful, it was nostalgic to me because I had driven this road many times with my kids when they were little and now my daughter is on the verge of going to college and growing up. Made me feel a little old.

We got to Wilmington and saw that Dot's was opened for business, they had rebuilt it more modern, and everything was brand new. Sat down at the counter, ordered a bowl of their famous chili and of course it was great. The dinner although it has lost that old rustic older American feeling, because everything is brand new still provides a great menu and small town ambiance. If you are ever in Wilmington, VT stop by Dot's enjoy a nice meal and help support a business that has been a mainstay of this town.

Good Luck Dot's hope to see you next winter.