“High price for diner level food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Massachusetts
“High price for diner level food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Everything about this place is a bit stale. You can do much better elsewhere. They run a lot of specials during the week, but that doesn't make mediocre food a better value. Reminds me of the type of restaurant that a bus tour would stop at. Homemade bread is one of the few highlights. Prices are high.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Pricey and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was impressed with the fall off the bones ribs I had in this upscale restaurant in Wilmington, VT. Three others with me also enjoyed their choices off the menu. Food is good.

Visited July 2013
Binghamton, New York, United States
“I never do this, but...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

As a server myself, I like to think that I give most people the benefit of the doubt. But I do know how most restaurants should run, and this place should either be closed or should find an entirely new staff.

We arrived there around 5:30pm on Wednesday. We had a party of 6, and there happened to be a 6 top open right up front, but we were not seated for about a half hour. I could almost understand that, even given the fact that when we arrived they were almost empty, but then the bartender (red hawaiian shirt, didn't get a name as he didn't actually speak to us at all even when greeting us), filled the glasses with water and had us sit, after he spent about 20 minutes standing behind the bar. Seemed a bit odd to me, but ok. So we sit and look over the menu, and my roommate and I decide we are going to share a meal. Notice that I said share, not split. The waitress (dark hair, on the petite side) never asked if we wanted anything to drink, just took our order and disappeared. She came back when our meals were ready, and brought two plates with two sides each for our meal. I thought that was a bit odd, and the scallops were on the cold side, but I didn't say anything because I was exhausted and just wanted to get on the road. We ate, finished our meals, and asked for our portion of the bill. And this is where bad goes straight down the road to downright awful.

She claimed she could bring us the whole check, but she couldn't split it. Now, besides knowing for a fact that that isn't true, I noticed that we work with the same POS, so I could have literally shown her how to split the checks. When she brought the entire check, she slammed it down on the table and stormed off before I could say anything. Looking at the check, she had charged us a $10 plate fee. Now, that was never mentioned, and that wasn't what we wanted. What we wanted was one meal, with two sides, and one soup or salad. If we had known that we were going to get charged $10 for splitting a meal, we would have gone elsewhere. When I went looking for a manager, and all I could find was the bartender, the only response I got from him was some mumbling about me talking to my server about it. No thanks.

Long story short, I would never, EVER go back to this restaurant, and will NEVER recommend it to anyone. In fact, if you are going to be in the area, don't even take the chance. It could be ok, but it could be awful, and for the price you are better off going elsewhere.

Millbrook, NY
“A quaint place for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our party of four had a variety of dishes - soft shell crab, haddock, and steak. All very good. The honey mustard house dressing is to die for - they were kind enough to share it with me. The restaurant is cute and quiet. Waitstaff attentive and personable. Will be back.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“home-style fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We experienced competent and friendly service. House-made bead is fresh and delish! A guitarist/singer in the bar adds charm to the '80s country kitchen ambience. Good variety of specials and regular selections on the menu. The kitchen pushes out generous, hearty servings. If you've come looking for gourmet, or a romantic setting, you're in the wrong place. The Roadhouse offers remarkably average and home-style fare, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Roadhouse Restaurant? Share your experiences!