“A great standard”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My family and I have been enjoying meals at this nice restaurant for some time. Nice atmosphere with a good menu. The owners and staff are very friendly and attentive. Great for adults or families. Nice schnitzel, filet mignon, steak or chicken. Good soups. Just a nice friendly place for a good meal with nice folks. Fridays often have Skip Morrow playing his guitar and singing in the bar area. A real treat.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have visited this restaurant several times with friends and even spent Thanksgiving here once with our whole family. We have yet to be disappointed! This visit, we were welcomed with a smile and seated at a sunny window. The food selections are always enticing, deliciously prepared and served with style. One time our order was delayed due to a kitchen crisis of a sort (something got spilled I think) and the chef sent out a free and very tasty appetizer to share to tide us over until our brunch arrived! This visit, I started with the escargot with a baguette and they were perfect. One diner's Eggs Benedict were perfectly cooked and another diner's Steak and Eggs were, in his words, "One of the most tender and best pieces of steak I have ever had in a restaurant!" Our server was attentive and friendly without being intrusive and kept us happy throughout our visit. Although the restaurant was busy, we were not hurried and enjoyed a leisurely brunch with friends.

1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have eaten at the Roadhouse many times, as we live nearby. Tonite, however, we decided, as we often do on a moments notice, to just go out. We chose the Roadhouse, and were VERY happy we did. We were pleasantly greeted, given our choice of where we wanted to sit (in the main dining room or the bar with live music), and seated quickly. Maureen, our server, was delightful, and gave us the best service we have had in years, anywhere. The food was well priced, excellently prepared, nicely presented, and perfectly served with impeccable timing, and delicious to boot. The atmosphere was as always cozy and warm, the music was great, and we were even treated with a visit from Eric, the Chef/Owner to inquire as to our satisfaction. We have been coming here for a long time, and have seen a few reviews written that were less than stellar. Those reviewers MUST have gotten their wires crossed about where they were as tonite, the Roadhouse was superb and unequaled, period. Good show, Eric, Maureen and all. Thank you!

1  Thank Gunrunner1132
Reviewed 16 October 2013

There were 3 of us and that night they had a special dinner for two comes with a pitcher of Sangria. We did get the special and it was very good and large portions; I took half of my dinner back to our house rental. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating, one friend has to have gluten free food and he was very helping to fix a meal for her. I do remember my friend loving the gluten free lava cake.
I see some of the reviews not so nice glad we didn't have any problems. If we go back to this area we will eat here again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We arrived here after finding the other local places with an hour and a half wait. Our family of 5 were seated pretty much right away. That should have been sign enough to walk out right then and there. So sorry that we didn't. I did not read any reviews of this restaurant prior to going, and it's always been a place that we drive by to and from Mt. Snow. Keep on driving! I was not pleased or satisfied with this place and won't be back. I walked out after spending way too much money and couldn't wait to raid my fridge! The only positive that I can find, was the ambiance. It was quite quaint. Our server had absolutely no personality. Three of our five dinners basically went untouched. My dinner of a lemon chicken was fried. The description led me to believe I'd be eating a dish like chicken francaise.....The grease/ butter dripping on the string beans was disgusting. The squash was tasty. The homemade bread was actually very tasty as well. It stops there. Sorry. Not impressed. Actually feel quite ill after eating the little bit of food that I did. I also felt it very pricey.