“Already thinking of my next trip to the Inn at Quail Run”
Review of Inn at Quail Run

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Inn at Quail Run
Ranked #8 of 10 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We just had the most wonderful weekend at The Inn at Quail Run. The owners, Meiling and Martin, were the most gracious hosts! The entire property was in perfect condition... clean, neat, updated. I am sad the weekend is over - Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank sarakellehersears

Reviewed 4 August 2009

New owners have taken over the management of the Inn and the changes are evident! All rooms have renovated private bathrooms and are clean and updated! New wood floors are throughout the Inn as well as cheerier paint colors in the hallways.. While visiting, work is in progress for extensive renovations to the pool area as well as a beautiful patio with hot tub. Hospitality was warm and friendly as the owners inquired if they could do anything for us to make our stay more comfortable as well as offered suggestions for side trips /restaurants throughout the surrounding areas. We'll definitely plan a return for next summer to see even further transformations!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sharonjill1
Reviewed 2 May 2008

My husband and I were married here in August of 2004. Everything was perfect. It was a private ceremony... just me and my husband. The children decorated the fireplace mantel and the outside gazebo as a surpise to us. Victoria also lent me her blue earings to borrow. She also embroided our own pillowcases for us with our names and wedding date on them, and placed them on our bed as a surprise. Her family made our day so special.
I don't even have enough words to express my gratitude. I have pictures of me throwing my bouquet to her children. It is so funny. I remember being full and very relaxed. The breakfast was unbelievable and there were delicous muffins and cheesecake out all the time! We spent a lot of time in the hot tub too. It was so relaxing.
I think about The Inn at Quail Run often, and can't wait to return for a visit with our daughter next time. We want to share the memories with her.
Someone else wrote on this site that "it's far down a dirt road". Okay??? Why take a country vacation then?
And it's not even far down the road anyway.. ???

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank Thunda72
Reviewed 13 July 2007

No people skills, surly and ungracious. I have no idea how they stay in business. Good luck!

Stayed: April 2007
8  Thank Chippy1975
Reviewed 2 July 2007

Wow, I have stayed at the Inn at Quail Run 3 times and wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I had just learned about this site and wanted to rate my favorite place. I guess I'm a little shocked at some of the comments here. I have gotten to know Vicky and her family, since thats pretty much how she treats all her guests. On numerous occasions on our visits there she would always go above and beyond and not just for us, the others who were there as well. Very friendly and warm people. My car broke down while I was there, she dropped everything she was doing and drove me shopping in the local village for a few hours. We even had a dog sitter while there, charming kids also willing to help out. I guess some people don't realize Innkeepers are people too! They are the best at Quail Run.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelnut2171
Reviewed 3 March 2007

A place we definitely would like to visit again. Upon arrival, we opened the door to a warm, comforting atmosphere, a fire burning in the fireplace of a large, spacious living room. On the table were fresh homemade cookies, chocolates and delicious white chocolate dipped popcorn. The owner, Victoria and family were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome at their Inn. Our room was very nice, with a view of the mountains. We even had a gas fireplace to enjoy in the privacy of our room. The breakfasts were incredible, both the menu selection as well as the daily special. If you have never had Creme Brulee French Toast, it's a must have. All the selections were tempting, one dish better than the next. The Service was excellent, sitting at a table in a closed in porch looking out at the beautiful snow covered mountainside while we ate our breakfast. The other guests were equally as friendly, as Victoria made everyone feel at home. If you are looking for a place that is away from the noisy hotel scene, and prefer the comforts of home, this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and wish it could have lasted longer. The times we spent sitting and relaxing by the fire talking to Victoria and other guests was very enjoyable. We will definitely recommend this B & B to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2006

Stayed at the inn under the previous owners, who were not happy campers. Thought I'd give the inn a try under the present owners and never got past the reservation phone call. The previous review mentioning surly hits it right on the head. A surprising number of innkeepers just don't have the people skills to be in the business. I think they just want to live in the country and be left alone. A somewhat hidden location a ways up a dirt road doesn't allow for any drive by business.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
8  Thank 06902
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
The Nutmeg
#3 of 12 in Dover
Gray Ghost Inn
Gray Ghost Inn
#2 of 12 in Dover

Been to Inn at Quail Run? Share your experiences!