“Perfection”

Snapdragon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Windsor B&B and Inns
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were desperate for a weekend away (young kids, demanding jobs, etc). This place was everything we could have asked for and more. It was immaculate and clean, beautifully decorated, comfortable, fresh, and welcoming. Michelle was so helpful...she helped us find places to eat and things to do in the area and she even helped us plan our return trip with our 2 yr old. I cannot recommend this inn enough. If only I could move in...

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsayducharme
Snapdragon I, Owner at Snapdragon Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
I'm so glad you were able to manage a getaway, and thrilled you decided on Snapdragon Inn. It was great to get to know you both and we are really looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

My husband arranged our weekend getaway in this amazing bed and breakfast to celebrate my birthday. It was a surprise for me but when we arrived late Friday night, this place stole our hearts. It is such a cute BnB with all the Modern facilities that you could imagine. The bed was so comfy and the bathroom had heated titles. They even had flat screen tv with blue-ray player with lots of choices of movies. It was amazing to find this kind of service. We have stayed at several high end hotels but this place beats all. The breakfast was all fresh and healthy choice such as Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, homemade muffins/king Arthur scones, eggs and so on.. It was just what you would wish to start your day. The inn keeper Michelle was the sweetest women. She was always there with ideas for things to do or suggestions for places to eat. She had this file of maps and small towns around Windsor. We found her very resourceful. We would like to definitely try and come back in the fall since the surrounding area seemed very pretty and must be prettier in fall. We stayed in room # 8 and was an amazing experience. Thank you Michelle and snapdragon for making my bday and our weekend memorable :)

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank bebo23
Snapdragon I, Owner at Snapdragon Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at Snapdragon Inn, your feedback means so much to us. I'm so glad you choose our Inn for such a special weekend away, and all of us here at the Snapdragon Inn love being behing the scenes on a good surprise. We can't wait to see you back here in the Fall, one of the best things about Vermont is there is so much to look forward to in each season. I think I hear a picnic on the back porch while taking in the Fall colors calling your name!
West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We just returned from a glorious long weekend at the Snapdragon Inn. The Inn is beautifully restored maintaining the charm of the home's heritage, but also includes modern amenities such as radiant heat in the bathroom floors, luxurious bedding, and flat screen televisions in the rooms. Soft music played while we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the sunny dining room - including local favorites such as King Arthur Flour scones, yogurt from Green Mountain Creamery, and fresh fruit. After our day out, we returned to such a beautiful atmosphere - candles flickering, the fire in the wood stove glowing, the chandeliers sparkling. I did enjoy a relaxing bath in the beautiful claw foot tub, and definitely plan to take advantage of the spa services next time! But what really made our visit special was Innkeeper, Michelle. She made sure we always had lunch and dinner plans, provided us with ideas for activities, day trips and scenic drives, and printed out driving directions. Michelle knew I loved the chocolate chip cookies that are served throughout the day, and gave us a few cookies fresh out of the oven to take up to our room when we returned to the Inn one evening! She is truly concerned that her guests are comfortable and makes each one feel welcome through her special touches. We will definitely, without a doubt, be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank julielovely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

After my following stays at Hilton Boston hotel and Springfield Marriott, I found Snapdragon Inn a more relax, clean and comfortable place to stay. The owner, Michelle was very helpful and showed me the routes to nearby restaurants and school. The rooms are beautifully decorated with fireplaces and extremely comfortable beds. It was truly more than I expected. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank easonbebe
Montague, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our visit to the Snapdragon Inn was our first bed and breakfast experience but most certainly will not be our last. Michelle (the owner) was extremely accommodating with all of our needs. Upon arrival, we were more than impressed with all of the special touches that were added to our immaculately clean room (and loved the heated bathroom floors). When my fiance went to grab us coffee and tea (which are always available in the dining room) he returned with a beautiful bowl of fresh, local strawberries that Michelle had grabbed "just because" in addition to the drinks. The continental breakfast in the morning was absolutely delightful. Filled with fresh, local items such as farm fresh eggs, local jams, bagels, etc.. we couldn't have asked for more! We ended our short but wonderful experience with a couples massage at the Snapdragon. I was somewhat apprehensive at first as I am 5 months pregnant and was unsure as to how they would be able to fit my needs. The masseuse was completely prepared with a pregnancy massage pillow and the massage was phenomenal. My fiance and I would HIGHLY recommend the Snapdragon Inn!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hollyp33
ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a very nicely run Inn, with quality details. Our room was bright, spacious and clean. The bath was large with a separate shower and restored claw foot tub. The bath amenities were plentiful and of good quality. A small vase with fresh flowers was a nice touch. The towels were fluffy and fresh smelling. Water pressure was good. Had a little trouble with the internet connection, but overall, it was OK. The Inn is located on a main road and I was concerned about traffic noise so I brought along my travel white sound machine; but I did not need it. Even though I heard some traffic, it was not enough to interfere with getting to sleep-perhaps it was the very comfortable bed that made it unnecessary! The downstairs public rooms are adorned with Simon Pearce glass, (a beautiful store and factory is just down the street- larger than the one in Quechee). At night dozens of candles were lit, flickering in the various glass pieces creating a beautiful and tranquil atmosphere in which to enjoy the cookies that were set out and a cup of coffee or tea; very relaxing. The continental breakfast was good with fresh fruit, locally made bread and muffins, yogurt, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereals, etc., as well as some unusual juice choices. As mentioned in previous reviews, they have a Keurig coffee machine which I imagine would be a problem if everyone comes down to breakfast at once, but that was not the case during our stay. This is a very nicely restored old home with a contemporary flair. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A good choice if your travels bring you to the area.

Room Tip: Room 9 is large and sunny, located in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pfmMa
Holliston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I received a groupon for this place, and got an excellent deal, for 2 nights. We stayed in room 9, and it was excellent. The room was spacious, the bathroom was nice (with heated floors!), and the owner was extremely nice.

Unfortunately, I got sick on the drive up from Boston, so I had to spend a lot of the trip in the room. Fortunately, there was a beautiful library and a collection of Blu-rays, to bring up to the room. My wife had a facial treatment, which she really enjoyed.

What an excellent, beautiful, quaint B&B. We hope to return when I feel better, and see more of Vermont!

Room Tip: Room 9 is beautiful - end of the hall, nobody above you. Quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
506 On The River Inn
The Common Man Inn
#1 of 1 in Claremont
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Snapdragon Inn? Share your experiences!