“A Wonderful Experience”
Review of Snapdragon Inn

Snapdragon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Highly recommend this Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful, the beds were like sleeping on a cloud! Excellent breakfasts, including homemade muffins, yummy yogurts, and artisan breads. Excellent decor, and the bathrooms have cozy heated floors......... just a great experience! We felt so pampered. Being right in the middle of town was very convenient. I also loved the homemade cookies that were available for snacking on! Whenever I have a need to visit Sharon, VT, this is where I will be staying. Can't say enough good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole T

Reviewed 10 July 2013

First the inn has no CURB APPEAL---The landscaping is lacking--not to speak of.
It is clean,nice furnishings, great TV's, great radios, great bath amenities,and radient bath floors.
They must own stock in toilet tissue----I have seen better in a gas station.
The staff was passable.
The floors need area carpets, halls and stairs need runners. Sounds are carried everywhere.
Breakast needs a hot dish. Forget the frozen bagels.
Do not plan on any dinner restaurants close by. You need to travel 15 miles or more. We went to one suggested---it was closed that night. It was a shack. Let the fire department was it for practice. We settled for a 99 restaurant.

Room Tip: Would say all are equal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlaiseNorthshore_Ma_
Snapdragon I, Owner at Snapdragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

We are sorry that in the end your experience did not meet your expectations. We would be very interested to discuss your experience further by phone or email, please contact us when you have a moment.

As a new Inn, our landscaping is a work in progress that we are constantly adding to. We are particularly excited our berries we planted in the gardens have done so well. It’s great to grab some fresh blueberries while heading out for a walk around the lake at Paradise Park.

We are sorry to hear about your dining experience, we are looking forward to the end of this month when the Windsor Station Restaurant and Barroom opens just a few steps from our front door, this will add to other local favorite options like the Harpoon Riverbend Taps and Beer Garden Restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent 3 nights here at the Snapdragon and the staff was excellent (thanks Michelle) and the room was very comfortable and well appointed. The bed was like a giant pillow, the bathroom tile floors are heated and the toiletries are of the finest quality. The included breakfast was beyond a continental that is generally served at a bed and breakfast. The only thing I would comment on that would be on the negative side is the grounds were a bit overgrown and the front entrance could use some housekeeping (there was a broom on the porch for our entire stay but never used) and the paint trim could use some work. As this was our first impression, I was a bit concerned, but again, the staff and the interior were top notch!

Room Tip: Get a room with a claw foot tub, you will love it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really enjoyed hosting and getting to know you here at the Snapdragon Inn. We hope you’re dreaming about the luxurious combination of the claw foot soaking tub, L’Occitane products, heated bathroom floors and plush robes for months. We really appreciate your feedback on our front entrance. This wet Vermont summer has really done a number on our front porch and our gardens. We’ve needed to adjust our regular mowing and weeding schedule to compensate for all of the rain this year and the moment we get a few dry days in a row we are going to be doing the touch up painting to the porch. We are glad that didn’t deter from the overall experience and we hope to see you again soon with a spruced up front entrance ready to greet you!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I recently stayed here w/a friend for a girls getaway and needless to say we were absolutely charmed. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (i could have stayed in the bed all day) and in no way resemble your grandma's house as so many B&B/Inns do. Tastefully done, I especially like the piano in the foyer. The location is central to many of the area attractions and the innkeeper is an absolute delight. Be sure to sample the choc chip cookies put out every afternoon - these are the best and they will even share their recipe!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here, honestly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa W

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. It was really great to meet you both and we're so glad you were able to enjoy your weekend away with all the area has to offer. Hope you've had a chance to make Grammy Chazzy's cookies. If not, we hope to see you back here soon and we'll make an extra batch for you.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for just one night - but we wish we had planned for more time! The house is very charming as was the room we stayed in. The in-house massage option was fantastic!!
The inn keepers were very nice and gave us a lot of great information for things to do in and around Windsor.
We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip north!
You should definitely try it - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John J

We do hope to see you again soon. The longer you stay, the more we can pamper you!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We recently stayed here for a weekend to attend a wedding. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was large, very clean and nicely furnished. The Inn was full yet we did not hear any other guests, it was delightfully quiet! The king bed was wonderfully comfortable and conrolling the temperature in the room was easy. The Inn itself is lovely and innkeepers very friendly. My only disappointment was the breakfast. Although it featured local breads and eggs (hard boiled), home made granola and fresh fruit, I was expecing a hot entree. Most Inns that are similar in price offer signature entrees at breakfast and vary what they serve for guests staying more than one night. Breakfast #2 seemed like leftovers from the day before. I can understand the continental approach during the week but weekends should show some extra effort. Just a suggestion to make this Inn really a 5 star.

Room Tip: We loved our roomy 3rd floor king room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Snapdragon I, Owner at Snapdragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others, we appreciate your kind thoughts and feedback. It was great to host you while you were in town for such a special event. We take the details of our guests stay very seriously and especially appreciate the feedback regarding breakfast. Although we are not set up or licensed to do a full service breakfast, like you mentioned we do focus on serving fresh and local. We also love to add those little touches like King Arthur Flour cranberry-orange scones, and cinnamon coffee cake muffins but you have inspired us with your feedback to continue to make delicious additions. Just this afternoon we're in the kitchen working on a new twist to a classic banana bread recipe. We can't wait to share it with you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I journeyed to the Snapdragon Inn because of its association with Maxwell Perkins, the famous editor who discovered Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald amongst many others. From the website I knew it would be lovely, but what was unexpected was how like a home it still felt. From the moment I arrived at night after dark with the lights on inviting me in, I felt at home there. It was quiet and clean, and my room and its private bathroom were not only beautiful but also personal with little homey touches. The house has been lovingly restored and has a wonderful library with books about and also published by Maxwell Perkins. It was heaven for me to sit and browse through his letters to his daughters while sitting in his house! The walk around the lake provides a wonderful space to think and enjoy nature. They have placed birdhouses all along a large stretch and beehives along the outer fence. I saw countless birds and even the local heron who apparently hadn't been seen in a while. The breakfast was delicious, including fresh local eggs and locally baked bread. And lastly, one of the owners who I had been in touch with before and while there was so friendly and helpful, rounding out what a comfortable and special place this is. I wish I could have stayed longer and I will be looking for excuses to get back as soon as I can!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

We really appreciate your kind thoughts, thank you for taking the time to share them with others. We're so glad you spotted the Blue Heron during your relaxing morning walk out at Paradise Park, the wildlife at the park just can't be beat. Another favorite sighting is when the turtles come out to sun themselves on the logs along the banks of the lake. We were so pleased you had time to sit and enjoy the Maxwell Perking library, we've so carefully chosen the books to enhance the guest experience and connect with the incredible history of the home. We can't wait to see you back here soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
12 mi away
#1 of 15 in Woodstock
The Common Man Inn
The Common Man Inn
#1 of 1 in Claremont

Been to Snapdragon Inn? Share your experiences!