“Beautiful Place For Snowshoeing!”

Great River Outfitters & uuThe Path of Life Garden
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Path of Life Garden is a crafted landscape open to the public in Windsor, Vermont. Visitors experience the story of the great circle of life while traveling through sculptures of varying sizes and materials. Inspired by a famous garden in Europe, these eighteen works of art symbolize the journey from birth to death and beyond. Since its conception in 1997, the garden has grown on its own path, providing space for recreation, relaxation, contemplation and realization; making it a great destination for families looking for fun things to do around Quechee, Woodstock, and Hanover. The path is also home to some of a 5+ mile trail network, groomed in the winter for dogsledding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. The garden is located in a 14-acre of field of trails, wildflowers and open spaces on the banks of the Connecticut River. It is enjoyed by people of all ages and was recently featured in Vermont Life and Pastoral Magazine.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My fiancee and I came here for our first snowshoeing adventure and absolutely loved it. Craig, the owner, was great at accommodating our last minute request for a snowshoe reservation and by the time we left we felt like we had a good friend! He couldn't have been nicer or more helpful to make sure we had a nice adventure. The property is very quiet and peaceful and located along the water - perfect!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We were not told No Photos, only to enjoy ourselves. Which we did.
The works of art are stunning, especially the burned statues. I felt like we were on Easter Island. Who made those sculptures?????
It was well worth the time. Not many signs to help you find it.

1  Thank JosephfromNYC
Reviewed 19 August 2010

POL is a lovely space to spend an afternoon but the owners/staff are REALLY paranoid about anyone taking a pic or painting in the POL. I mean, it's a nice place but it's not the Pepsi sculpture garden (which is free) or the Metropolitan. I was questioned by the cashier when he saw my watercolor pad, as if I was going to go out and immediately sell the painting! Really ruined the attitude of the place--and it's so not reflective of my laid-back state of VT.

4  Thank VTmamawindor_VT