“first night in the area...”
Review of Harpoon Brewery

Harpoon Brewery
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Windsor
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family visited for dinner our first night. My husband, brother in law, and brother enjoyed the beer sampler trays. The tours had ended, but we were still able to peek in the brew room. Our waitress was helpful in recommending shopping areas, etc. The food options were a little limited, but we all found something we liked.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We went to the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor after a day skiing at Okemo....what a fun stop! The place was packed on a Saturday night, and had a really great vibe. The staff is personable, welcoming and really eager to share their knowledge of the brewery and beer. The tours had already stopped for the day, but an employee was kind enough to give us an impromptu tour while we waited for our table. How great is that? The history and production of the beer is fascinating, and we plan to go back to take the "official" tour and learn more. Once seated, we enjoyed a good selection of pub food, great music, and of course, fantastic beer. Don't miss the "White UFO". Looking forward to another trip there, and would also like to visit the Boston location. Harpoon is my new favorite!

1  Thank Lara P
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our large family (9) stopped for lunch and a drink after a cold morning of getting a Christmas tree. They easily accommodated our group and the service was appropriate for a brew pub. The food was great and we tried and enjoyed different types of beer -enough to buy some to take along home! Fireplace added to the atmosphere:-)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

While traveling back from the North Country we stopped in on a particularly freezing cold day. The wind was blowing, but the fire was hot inside. What a great lunch spot. Great Beer. We were particularly blown away with the Raspberry Hefeweizen and the UFO Pumpkin. Normally I'm not a fan of raspberry and beer - often it is too sweet or strong for my taste. But this brewery has done it right - there is something effervescent about it. Lost Coast Brewery on the West coast has by far the best fruit beers we've ever had - and this I would have to say is the East coast equivalent. Believe me this is high praise as I never thought we'd see their equal. Loved the Hefeweizen UFO and the White UFO as well. Great store with a wide variety of items including their beer. They even have cartons for you to pick out your own assorted six pack. The food is good. My husband really enjoyed his reuben, my son the hamburger and I loved the barbecue chicken sandwich with the onion rings. Nice size portion. Menu has varied since our prior visit in the summer. They have outdoor seating and even a outdoor firepit. If your into craft beer, you really should stop here.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The tour was fabulous for $5, we had previously taken the tour in Boston and enjoyed it so we stopped in Windsor on our way home from a trip to Burlington. Although the brewery is smaller the tour was better, much less formal than Boston, one major benefit-you can take your drinks from the bar on the tour but once your done with the tour stop at the bar for a bite to eat. Look for josh (tall, bald, and has a beard) he is the best bar tender he let us try plenty and made some delicious concoctions with combinations of beers (try the imperial fruit salad!) so welcoming we felt like we were regulars and so knowledgeable about the beer and the menu had a great time! Would recommend it to everyone!

1  Thank Itsmeleighc