“Try a Vermonter”

Dining options: Breakfast
Burlington, Vermont
“Try a Vermonter”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Interesting, creative dishes and drinks are the forte of Our House. The restaurant itself is small and cozy. Noise is always manageable. Great for couples and smaller families.

I recommend going here if you are in the mood for rich creative comfort-food style mac-and-cheese followed by a creative cocktail such as the Vermonter (tastes like a White Russian) with a bacon salted rim. Yes its a real drink and its on the menu. Give it a try.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank David F

White Mountains NH
“Don't understand all the rave reviews!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I dined here with four other people last night as it was suggested to us by my daughter who lives in the area. The menu sounded like familiar comfort food, but as they claim, with a twist. to be fair, it was a Saturday night and the place was packed. We waited over an hour for a table and then an additional 30-40 minutes for our food to arrive after ordering. Our House is known for their creative macaroni and cheese dishes, but I decided to order just the grilled cheeses and fries with tomato basil soup. The food that I was served did not meet my expectations. First, the soup should not have been called soup as it more closely resembled a marinara sauce, which I might add was not very good. The grilled cheese which I thought would be on some high quality bread from a local bakery of which Vermont has many, was on run of the mill white bread in my estimation. The cheeses that they used could best be described as bland, and the fries were nothing special at all. To be fair, my dining companions were in general pleased with what they had. I must also caution anyone who is claustrophobic not to go there on a busy night as the place is very small and the tables are very close together. The waitstaff seemed to be working very hard to keep up with the volume of business and were pleasant throughout our dining experience.

• Visited February 2014
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“What a great place”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Save room for dessert. The deep fried PB and J was amazing.

The spinach and artichoke app was very good and surprisingly light. All of our entrees tasted very good. My wife's risotto with bacon wrapped scallops looked beautiful.

Vermont
“Sweet Potato Fries Are Awesome”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

You've got to try this place. Start off with the frickles (fried pickles). My favorite entrée is the toasted cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I always have the sweet potato fries with mine. They are to die for. Great taste, coated with a salt/cinnamon mix. End the meal with the deep fried pb&j. Yum yum!

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great comfort food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a new place to have a great meal. I found this place and decided to try it. What I found was comfort food done well!
I typically stay away from this type of food, well, because my metabolism just isn't the same anymore. However, I had a hankering that just had to be fed. I found the perfect answer here! I had the the south west Mac and cheese and it certainly satisfied my craving. The dish was tasty and creamy and offered up exactly what I was looking for. I would be more than happy to go again when the hankering needs to be satisfied!

Visited October 2013