“Overpriced & overestimated”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Overpriced and tries to sell itself as delivering both Italian and gourmet level meals - it doesn't. Just because it is outside Washington DC and in the Virginia wine country is no reason to claim to be something you aren't. For anyone who has travelled and dined at "fine" restaurants, they would recognize this food as "good to possibly very good" but certainly not at the "exceptional" level which it's prices are.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I took friends to this place yesterday? I had made reservations for noon. As a result of some wrong turns we took, we arrived twenty minutes late. Our intention was to go for wine tasting first and then to follow up with lunch. We were told this was impossible, we had to take lunch first and a big spiel was made that our taxable had to be reset! Our friends ordered the grouper which they seemed to like, my wife and I chose the pheasant? Both of us thought the pheasant was though, old and far less tasty than the ones we make ourself. We chose to go for the wine pairing option but when I asked for a refill on the first wine, I was charged for an extra glass. When the bill came we both concluded that for the same money one could find many other places in DC area providing better quality of service and food.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My hubby and I had lunch at Palladio on Sept. 6. No problem with reservations. My on-line request was promptly followed up by a phone call confirming my request. Very small dining area, so reservations are a must. You choose how many courses you want and whether you want wine paired with your courses or not. Cost depends on number of courses you select. My hubby selected house made pate and meats to start followed by gnocchi, and pork chop for his entree. All were good. I had butternut squash ravioli to start (incredible!), risotto with snails (my first time having snails...they were OK-very woody tasting and well prepared) and steak for my entree. We shared apple crisp, cake and apple ice cream for dessert. A variety of breads accompanied our meal. The olive oils were amazing! (Available for sale in the tasting room.) Menus change seasonally. No complaints about our food, wine or service. All were very good. We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and meal. Would highly recommend for a special occasion. After lunch, stop by the tasting room for a complimentary tasting (free to anyone who has lunch.)

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My friend and I went here as we decided to tour some wineries in the area now that the kids are back in school. We went for lunch and the service and the food couldn't have been better. We got the two courses with wine pairing and to be honest, it was really enough. The setting was beautiful and you get a free wine tasting with your meal. As a rule, I generally can't afford $51 for lunch and I realize that it's a better value to get all courses but neither one of us could eat that much so for us it was fine.
You do have to dress business casual (which is fine because I had seen that on their website) but two groups of people were turned away because they were wearing shorts.

1  Thank terri007
Reviewed 4 September 2013

From the ease of making the reservation through each and every course and wine pairing, we could not have asked for better service, more delicious food and wine, or a more memorable setting. We look forward to returning.