“Best Little Restaurant..Great Food And Service!”
Review of Millstone Tea Room

Millstone Tea Room
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Yea, we've been here before and it is always great. The food and service is excellent. Nina our server is one of the best. She is right on top of everything. I had the rainbow trout and it was very tasty. My wife had the eggs and grits. She said the best ever. Keep up the good food and service. We came on 12/16/12.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We always enjoy the visit. Service always good. Food portions not huge, but with a nice bottle of wine, good conversation, and no rush everything is perfect. Great setting in one of the most beautiful valleys in Virginia.

1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Fine dinning at it's best. Been there several times, and is always first class. Charlotte and Nina provide personal, attentive, but not intrusive service. It's the kind of place where you feel at home in black tie and tails, or nice shorts and a polo shirt. We ate there twice this weekend, had the halibut special and fried oysters. Both were outstanding. The oysters are the best I have ever eaten, and I have eaten oysters from the upper Chesapeake bay, to southern Georgia. The 2nd night we had the baked rainbow trout, and pork platter. A large whole trout with roasted fall vegetables. The pork platter had a slab of port belly, a braised ham hock, and their own home made sausage, homemade sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. To die for. They have a nice wine, and small beer list. I do not give 5 stars easily, but they deserve 6. Eat your heart out NYC.

2  Thank btaes1
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Visited with a small group of friends. The service was absolutely terrible. The food wasn't bad, but it almost doesn't matter because of rudeness of the staff.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

While hiking along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, we had dinner at the Millstone Tea Room. This restaurant is truly a great find. We found the wine list to be impressive and had a delicious Bordeaux. Both this day and in the recent past, we found the food to be really delicious - excellent. I had crab cakes with polenta and slaw - the crab cakes were so well done, I could have eaten another order. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Thanks to the kind staff who were very helpful to us in choosing our dinners. This was a perfect evening all around.

1  Thank Carol0621

Been to Millstone Tea Room? Share your experiences!