“Beyond amazing!”

Millstone Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Beyond amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We read the great reviews and were curious since we were staying nearby. It doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but don't let it deceive you. We were driving by and took our chances stopping in without a reservation. The restaurant was full, but the hostess kindly offered us a table on the covered porch. We ordered Caesar salad and I can unequivocally say that was THE BEST Caesar dressing I've ever had in my entire life! They make their own dressing and it is incredible! If it wouldn't have been totally uncouth and created a scene, I would have licked my salad bowl clean....it was that good! :)

Our server was so friendly and helpful. Our food was brought out quickly and everything was delicious. I ordered salmon and my husband ordered steak and mashed potatoes. Neither of us has ever enjoyed a meal as much as we did at the Millstone. The chef knows how to blend flavors in such a way that will leave you dreaming about your next visit.

Visited August 2014

Virginia
“Always Great Food and Service...Thanks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Brought my friends here on 8/2/14. Nina was our server, and Charlotte was close by checking on us. I've been to many restaurants over the years and this is ONE of the best. I had the Salmon and my wife and friends had the Steak Diane. It was made perfectly, and the whole meal was outstanding. I did make reservations and glad I did as it was full. Every restaurant should stride to be as good as this one.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Woody's Honda
Roanoke, Virginia
“Wonderful Little Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a delicious meal at this tiny, out of the way place, worth the extra few miles! Wonderful shrimp, quail, and chicken dishes. The mussels as an app. were perfectly done. Yummy bread too. We sat outside on a lovely deck and enjoyed a family of kittens who played at our feet. Check it out!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Margaret H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dining in comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had two of the best martinis ever to start our evening in the welcoming atmosphere of this marvelous eatery. The trout was succulent, the poutine a treat, and I'll dream about the fried oysters in the "deviled egg dipping sauce". I ended my meal with profiterole….D-freaking-licious!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Nancster070
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Delicious dinner in a beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We've heard people rave about the Millstone Tea Room for years, but this was our first trip out. Beautiful drive out with the setting sun. When we arrived, the fire was going in the wood stove, and we were greeted warmly. It was the perfect night for the tomato bisque, which came with the entree. The trout was perfectly cooked and the grits that accompanied it were divine. My husband enjoyed the mixed grill, but he was very envious of the guy at the next table who had ordered the fried chicken! For dessert, we shared the bread pudding, which was also good. I think we'll be trying the Sunday brunch next!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank skteach

Been to Millstone Tea Room? Share your experiences!