“Terrible..had to leave early for safety from owners....very abusive owners,”
Review of Reba Farm Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
Reba Farm Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Bedford B&B and Inns
“Terrible..had to leave early for safety from owners....very abusive owners,”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Horrible ,felt like we were not wanted...meals were so little my 67 lb daughter was hungry....Kathy and Ron verbally abusive...bugs in tub ...very sickly looking animals...left for fear if what owners might have done to me and my kids ...

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Macky41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was part of a large group of girls with a variety of riding experience going on the night time trail ride. One of the other girls had arranged everything, and as we were driving up she mentioned that she was nervous because she had been calling for the last three days to confirm and hadn't gotten a response. Well we got to the Inn well before the trail ride and sat there waiting and waiting... We tried calling and got voicemail. Half an hour after the trail ride was supposed to start, this guy pulls up in his truck, gets out and starts yelling at us for being in the wrong place. Then proceeds to tell us that this happens all the time and complain about it. Well, if it happens all the time, maybe you should put the directions to both the inn and the stables on your website. Or maybe have a sign somewhere that lets people know. And when we told him we had been calling an he talked to us like we were idiots saying there's no cell phone service (obviously there was if we could call him) We were so turned off by his attitude, we didn't want to go riding in the middle of nowhere at night with him and declined to participate. As someone who owns my own company, there are so many ways that he could have handled the misunderstanding. If he had just given a "I think y'all might be in the wrong place" or "I'm sorry you got confused" things could have been very different. Instead we were talked down to because we were women and ostracized because he failed to provide us with the correct directions. I would never book a room or ride with them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank erm824
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was there with a group of 11 other ladies for a bachelorette trail ride on Saturday. The ride was scheduled for 7:30PM. We had received an emailed reservation that Wednesday, and had given them a credit card to finish the reservation. Wanting to confirm the reservation, we called Ron multiple times on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, to no avail, so we were only able to leave voicemails. We never got through via phone, ever. That should've been a warning.

Entering the farm there are 2 emaciated and very sick-looking horses in a pen, surrounded by shoddy buildings. The house itself seems to be ok. There were 5 dogs who greeted us when we entered, they all had ticks and some were limping. We arrived 15 minutes early and waited.We waited until 8PM and still no one came. We called multiple times, and it went straight to voicemail every time. Suddenly, a truck barreled up the road--Ron jumped out and immediately started yelling at us, accusing us of not being at the right place and angrily complaining that he had waited this whole time for us. He claimed that we should have followed the directions in his email, but we hadn't received it. Despite his very harsh scolding, we responded nicely and mentioned that we followed the directions that listed on the farm's website because we couldn't get a hold of them over the phone to confirm. (We followed the only directions given on the website--why wouldn't that have led us to the right place?) He kept insisting that it was our fault and then said that "we should come have fun with him on the horseride". We were all shocked at his anger. Because of his awful attitude, we decided then and there to leave, so we told him politely that. He huffed and drove back down the driveway. We got in our cars and realized he had stopped halfway down the driveway, blocking us on his property! We walked up to his truck and he told us that we would be charged either way for the ride, so we might as well do it. We firmly said no and asked him let us go--and cancelled our credit card.

It was a very strange and unwelcoming experience. Despite the "rescued horses", I wouldn't ever recommend this farm to anyone because of the horrid attitude that we were greeted with. If Ron had reacted to this situation with respect and politeness, he might have gotten us as customers--maybe as repeat ones. It is his loss.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank zimmerster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I have visited Reba Farm Inn multiple times over the past 6 years. We have stayed at other inns during that time frame as well, when we were traveling in different areas, and of all the places we have stayed, Reba Farm Inn is our favorite. The proprietors are always gracious, kind, and accommodating. We have stayed in the Evergreen Room, the Take Care Room, and the Spring Cottage. All rooms have always been clean, comfortable, and relaxing. It is true that there is no wifi, cell phone service (at least no verizon :)) or TVs in the rooms, but we have always felt that staying at an inn or B & B provided the perfect opportunity to unplug and get away from distractions like that. The breakfasts are exquisite. We have yet to eat a breakfast as delicious as what Ron and Kathleen consistently prepare. We have also had the fried chicken picnic lunch a few times - it included tasty homemade potato salad, a very unique fruit salad with walnuts, homemade cookies, wafer type crackers and sliced cheese, bottled water and tea, a buttered roll, and the fried chicken breast, of course. Fantastic.

We have recently added a few kids to the mix in our family, and Ron and Kathleen have always been very friendly and accommodating to the children. Ron made our 2 and 1/2 year old son his own special pancakes at breakfast, with little zoo animal faces on them one morning, and "cowboy food" - sausage and eggs - the next. Kathleen also sent our son home with a care package of homemade cookies.

While we have never done any of the trail riding, we have taken our kids down to see the horses, and even though Ron and Kathleen were very busy caring for their 75 horses (how do they do it all?) and preparing for a ride they had scheduled, Kathleen still came over to chat with us about what she was doing, before getting back to work.

In summary, we can't say enough nice things about this place. We have always found the owners to be welcoming, forthright and honest, and just nice folks to be around in general. The rooms are very relaxing and the food is superb. I can't imagine having anything but a pleasant experience at Reba Farm Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JennLee333
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My 2 sons, daughter -in- law, myself, and 2 grandchildren ages 5, and 10 recently stayed at Reba Farm Inn for a family get together and, see the fall foliage, Oct 2013.The first 2 nights we stayed in the cottage to accommodate all of us. We were greeted by the owner Ron, and showed to our cottage. It smelled musty, was my first impression, and made comment to Ron, and his comment was (I don't smell anything, just use to it). The stairs, leading up to the cottage were in desperate need of a power wash. The radio didn't work. The upstairs loft has a rat or something in the wall that will keep you up all night. Otherwise the cottage was accommodating. It had a little sink, microwave, and mini ref in working order. They advertise a Exercise/Game room, with pool table, air hockey, universal gym equipment, and trampoline. The air hockey table, didn't work, the gym equipment was rusty, and in need of a good oil job, almost dangerous to even try to use it. The trampoline was rusty and not usable for the kids. We asked Ron for some W-D40, and he said, I'll see what I can do. Never heard back from him again. The boom box radio, not sure it worked, couldn't plug it in. Needed an extension cord. It did have a nice day bed, bath room with shower. This was nice as the cottage only had one bath. With having 2 kids with us, this was our main reason for choosing "Reba Farm Inn. Thinking this would keep the kids entertained, in the evening, or bad weather. So if you only want to watch some tv, or play pool in evening the game room will do. Thank goodness we had great weather, and enjoyed hiking and site seeing. I might add their is NO cell service or wifi. Our third night it was just 2 of us, and we stayed in the Carriage Room. This was a very nice room, and decorated nicely, and no musty smell. The steps and deck leading to the Carriage room needed cleaning. This room was over the game room, separate from the main house.

The area is absolutely beautiful and their farm is situated in a quiet, peaceful setting. The breakfast served by Ron and Kathleen was absolutely great. They were very accommodating with the food choices for the kids, and adults.

Kathleen the owner has a real attitude, not really a people person to run a B & B/Inn. My son tried to start a conversation with her trying to get her engaged in conversation, and smile. It didn't happen.

I asked for a bathroom while we were at breakfast, as one of the kids had to go. We were told NO bathroom had to go back to our place. It was the attitude with Kathleen. Not that their was no bathroom.

Our entire stay, we only saw the owners at breakfast. We were left on our own, and had the place to ourselves. I emptied the trash in the game room myself. They have a huge horse farm, and this is where they are all day and evenings. I believe their passion is more the horse's than the Inn. We didn't feel welcomed, or the warm fuzzy feelings I have experience at other B&B's.

We wanted to go on the moonlight horse riding trail, but when we asked they said, oh we did that last night, not going to do it tonight. I might add another couple came in the same evening we wanted to go on the moonlight riding trail. They were dressed and ready to go on the moonlight trail, as they had made reservations, and staying the night. They asked us if we wanted to join them, we said, if you go let us know, as the owners told us they weren't doing the ride tonight. Well they didn't get to go. No I wouldn't go back, between the attitude, and the game room not worth it.

Room Tip: The "Carriage Room" was nicely decorated in Victorian style, and very clean. It is over th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Glenda C
Naples,FL
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I stayed in the Carriage House this past July. She loved the horseback riding lessons and I enjoyed the evening trail ride. The breakfasts outside on the patio were lovely and delicious. The hosts are wonderful instructors and have a beautiful home!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Naples_FLRenee
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Recently stayed there for four nights. This farm is based in a fantastic part of the world with wonderful scenic views. The owners and very friendly and the breakfast on each of the days I stayed was wonderfully different.
Points to note, there are no TV, WiFi nor mobile phone signals.....and it is brilliant for a complete relaxation. I will most certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: one other point to note, you need to bring your own toiletries..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ColinLymington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Peaks of Otter Lodge
#1 of 4 in Bedford
Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#2 of 4 in Bedford

Been to Reba Farm Inn? Share your experiences!