“Refuge During A Divorce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Bedford

Super 8 Bedford
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Thaxton, VA
“Refuge During A Divorce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Super 8 became my best friend and my home away from home when I left an abusive husband. Even though this was almost 10 years ago, the Super 8 in Bedford will always hold a special place in my heart. The staff there made every effort they could to make sure I was comfortable and happy. Now here I am years later, re-married to a wonderful man and planning a huge homecoming for the descendents of Taylor's Mountain. I went back yesterday and visited Super 8 after all these years, to let them know about the homecoming and to get brochures to put on my Taylor's Mountain website for the relatives coming in to town and it was like going back home when I walked through those front doors. The folks there were excited to show me their newly renovated rooms and I must say I was very impressed!! No matter what reviews other people may give this hotel, Super 8 will always be my number #1 choice and recommendation in Bedford!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
BROOKLYN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

The hotel was very nice & clean. Check in & out was easy. The breakfast was great. The room was nicer than we excepted when thinking of Super 8 and the price was really good! I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank BrooklynMichael
VIRGINIA BEACH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

Room appeared clean with an attempt at renovation but the colors were weird. The room had an oder of pickles which could have been from the cleaner used in the bathroom as you smelled it as you opened the door. The loby was well worn as were the hallway carpets. The hotel is old and shows it. It could use a complete renovation by some one with better decoration sense. However for $60 it met my needs but I would not stay here with a family. In reality this is a $40 dollar hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

sam s, Manager at Super 8 Bedford, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thanks for your feedback on our property! We are working on several projects to upgrade the property and improve the guest experience. We were trying some new natural cleaning solutions in our rooms but this may not be working. Hope to see you again!
SINGERS GLEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

When registering for my room online, i found no place to add crib. I added it in the comments section. Upon checking in the receptionist asked if i was aware there was a charge. I was not, otherwise I would have brought my pack 'n play. She said she would check with the manager. Upon checkout i was not billed. Thanks you for your exceptional service and clean room. Will definetly stay again!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

sam s, Manager at Super 8 Bedford, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thanks for your comments! We are working on upgrades to the website that would allow special request. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Peaks of Otter Lodge
#1 of 4 in Bedford
Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Quality Suites Altavista - Lynchburg South
Hampton Inn & Suites Lynchburg

Been to Super 8 Bedford? Share your experiences!