“A Red, White, & Bule B&B........”

The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Bedford B&B and Inns
Jarrestville, Maryland
“A Red, White, & Bule B&B........”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I traveled to Bedford, Virginia 5,6,& 7 June, a 'Red, White, & Blue' town, for the 70th Anniversary celebration of D-Day at the National D-Day Memorial. Bedford is the home of the "Bedford Boys" a must read book on the landings on Omaha Beach and the suffering of this small American town. More on this site in another review.

We chose the "For Get Me Not' B&B for our stay, also very 'Red, White, & Blue'. We had booked last October I believe, and were kept up-dated on things by the owners Kathy and John Graham.

Kathy had made reservation for dinner for us all three nights, so upon arrival in the PM we were set for our entire stay. We were warmly greeted and settled right in. Our room was wonderfully decorated and clean. They are located within walking distance of downtown Bedford.

Kathy and John do a wonderful breakfast also, and Kathy was kind enough to send us home with recipes for two of the dishes that she served, plus some of the ingredients for the dishes.

We look forward to the next big anniversary of D-Day, the 75th, to visit Bedford and stay with Kathy and John. Maybe even sooner we loved our stay so much!

Room Tip: Their one room is Great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife & I loved the Forget-me-not. We enjoyed the Victorian house with porch for relaxing and beautiful grounds for walking. Kathy was so gracious and shared her knowledge of local residents and history with my wife who was from Bedford. The assortment of antique items throughout the rooms was fascinating. Fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobH333
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2013

If you love the intrigue of old homes, then you will love the Forget-me-not! I loved all the fun antiques & family heirlooms that Kathy has displayed around the room & her home. Kathy's breakfasts were also delicious! We've always admired the stately old homes in Bedford, so it was a lot of fun to finally stay in one! Bedford has always reminded my husband & I of what Mayberry would look like. The B&B is also really close to the main stretch of shops in downtown Bedford, probably less than 30 min from the Peaks of Otter & not far from the National D-Day Memorial. It was a fun place for my husband & I to stay for our anniversary!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Songofjoystone
Twain Harte, California
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Can't say enough about the Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast! Kathy and John are such nice hosts! They made us feel so welcome in our cozy little room. We were only able to stay one night and wished it could have been more. Our breakfast, served by John, was amazing! If you get a chance to stay here, don't pass it up!

Room Tip: Only one room! That makes is very special!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2013

If you enjoy personal attention yet appreciate privacy, this place is ideal. Built in the style of traditional homes in the area, the house has character and is renovated just enough to retain the feel of gracious, old Virginia. It has a private entrance and bath, and Kathy keeps the space fresh-smelling clean. Because it is a so small, she can cater to preferences but knows how to give a visitor enough space to make it a true holiday experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
UK
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, Kathy and John are warm, welcoming and informative hosts. From the moment we arrived they made us feel welcome and at home. The room is spotless and the shower a major highlight! They were more than happy to offer great local advice and the breakfast was delicious. The thing I will remember the most about the B&B is the lovely conversation and genuine interest and care that Kathy and John showed us. It made our stay in Bedford and I would highly recommend staying here - hiking nearby is great and Sharp Top is a great place for views. Thank you Forget me Not for a great stay!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the forget me not. What a delightful stay. Kathy and John are gracious hosts. I absolutely recommend this B and B. The room is in a quaint setting and you surround yourself with items of days gone by.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lpl139
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
#6 of 23 in Lynchburg
Shirley's Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!