“Rude”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Reba Farm Inn
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was there with a group of 11 other ladies for a bachelorette trail ride on Saturday. The ride was scheduled for 7:30PM. We had received an emailed reservation that Wednesday, and had given them a credit card to finish the reservation. Wanting to confirm the reservation, we called Ron multiple times on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, to no avail, so we were only able to leave voicemails. We never got through via phone, ever. That should've been a warning.

Entering the farm there are 2 emaciated and very sick-looking horses in a pen, surrounded by shoddy buildings. The house itself seems to be ok. There were 5 dogs who greeted us when we entered, they all had ticks and some were limping. We arrived 15 minutes early and waited.We waited until 8PM and still no one came. We called multiple times, and it went straight to voicemail every time. Suddenly, a truck barreled up the road--Ron jumped out and immediately started yelling at us, accusing us of not being at the right place and angrily complaining that he had waited this whole time for us. He claimed that we should have followed the directions in his email, but we hadn't received it. Despite his very harsh scolding, we responded nicely and mentioned that we followed the directions that listed on the farm's website because we couldn't get a hold of them over the phone to confirm. (We followed the only directions given on the website--why wouldn't that have led us to the right place?) He kept insisting that it was our fault and then said that "we should come have fun with him on the horseride". We were all shocked at his anger. Because of his awful attitude, we decided then and there to leave, so we told him politely that. He huffed and drove back down the driveway. We got in our cars and realized he had stopped halfway down the driveway, blocking us on his property! We walked up to his truck and he told us that we would be charged either way for the ride, so we might as well do it. We firmly said no and asked him let us go--and cancelled our credit card.

It was a very strange and unwelcoming experience. Despite the "rescued horses", I wouldn't ever recommend this farm to anyone because of the horrid attitude that we were greeted with. If Ron had reacted to this situation with respect and politeness, he might have gotten us as customers--maybe as repeat ones. It is his loss.

15  Thank zimmerster

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I did not stay this at the Inn this time (I have before but would not return) but did sign up for their horseback riding trip with Saddle Soar. A horrible experience. Were treated terrible from the get-go. Sat on the horses for an hour in the hot sun before even departing as they tacked up horses and got the group ready. Both owners, husband and wife, were extremely rude and condescending. They definitely have no respect for any type of English rider making many sarcastic comments throughout the ride. Also didn't appreciate having to listen to the husband go on about his political views. They say they do this for their love of horses and to support their rescue efforts. The horses were the only reason we considered it a donation and went on the ride. Unfortunately, we will not return.

7  Thank Beanas4
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I purchased numerous gift certificates with Reba Farms for myself and my family to go horseback riding here. Upon purchase of these gift certificates, they were quick and fast to return my calls and accept my cc info. When the day came for my family and I to go horseback riding they did not show up for our appointment date. Yep, the barn was empty, no guides, no horses. Afterwards, my family and I made numerous phone calls to them to have my money refunded however they would not return my calls (or emails).

Don't let this happen to you!!!

15  Thank K_Heron732
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We took a large group (11) riding while vacationing at smith mountain lake. The horses were great and the ride was a lot of fun. Ron (the owner) was a little gruff and yelled at some of our riders who were having trouble controlling the horses.

2  Thank teammcg
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is going to be one of your new places to visit,we like this bed & breakfast because it offers all the things we like to do.The main house is very charming & kept in order by a great host Kathleen,who is an outstanding chef and her presentation is always first class southern hospitality.But our favorite is the "Bunk House" each room has its own identity/name,we stayed in the "Rumble Room" small but with its own bathroom.Things to do hottub,smimming pool,billards,some exercise equipment,lots of games,movies and lots of friendly dogs.But our best memories is going horseback riding with the other propietor Ron 'AKA Horse Whisper" This man knows his livestock & will match up to your riding ability.His guided trail rides lead you thru some of southwest virginias beautiful pastures & mountain views.If its a slow ride or a frisky quarter horse its worth the visit ,ps these horses are very well kept & spoiled. Oh, did i mention the (4) local winerys you can tour located within a ten mile radis. ":)