“Delicious food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a really cool restaurant with very good food. The waitress we had was excellent and answered all of the questions we had. My only issue is almost everything on the menu comes with mushrooms. I love mushrooms but it's kind of odd. I think they need to have a more diverse menu. My husband is a picky eater and they really didn't have any "normal" food for him. For example their stuffed shells comes with mushroom sauce, not tomato. Very odd. Do to know if my husband will be back but I liked it a lot.

1  Thank GLrider

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We went here to celebrate my son's graduation and thoroughly enjoyed it! The service is great, the people are kind (the owner even stopped by the table to check in), and the food is very good. The bread they serve while you're waiting is fantastic. In fact, the place is so good, i would greatly encourage you to make reservations, especially on a special day.

Nearby in Bedford is the National D-Day Memorial. A must see while you are there.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had read reviews so when out for a drive and stopped in. Was a bit concerned about choice at first because we waited a bit too long after being seated for someone to come to the table. The wait was worth it. Our waitress, Florentina, was a gem! Pleasant and efficient. The food was very good. The cheesecake surpassed its reviews. While I live an hour away, if I get a craving for a good dessert, I would gladly travel there to have some. The prices were very reasonable. We will make this a destination again when we are out exploring the beautiful part of the Blue Ridge. And we hope to, once again, have Florentina as our server.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We loved it here. The train station motif is carried out throughout the rooms and menu. We had lunch here one day. A burger with fries and a French dip wit onion rings. Delicious! After seeing desserts arrive at the next table, we had to go for it! A piece of chocolate pecan pie hot with ice cream and a peach cobbler with ice cream had us both smiling.
Another night we had steaks for dinner and they were cooked just right.
Great menu. Something for everyone's taste and pocket!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant has a great menu and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The owner stops at every table to be sure everything is satisfactory. The staff is friendly and service was perfect. I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area or traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. No need to spend $30 on the highly advertised buffets at other restaurants. You can't beat this place.

2  Thank Mary B