“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Veramar Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Berryville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2000, Veramar Vineyard was one of the first successful wineries in the northern Shenandoah Valley. The vineyard is run by James and Della Bogaty, who were original members of the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail. Justin, their son, is the winemaker. He is a graduate of VMI and has a certificate of oenology from UC Davis. Our wine is internationally-acclaimed, and is made at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Gloucester, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We randomly chose a vineyard, and were very pleased at our choice. Beautiful view...would be so gorgeous in the spring or summer. All of the wine was so delicious. We bought 2 bottles...Rooster Red(as a gift) and the dessert wine. Noel was very sweet!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kandj2011

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Well worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I have visited a couple of times. Beautiful setting and a great place to spend a serene afternoon with some very good wine. Tasting is $10 per person (reasonable); this time we opted to just buy a bottle of "Rooster Red" for $28 (also reasonable). Would recommend,however, that you bring your own picnic basket, vice buy bread/cheese/salami etc. on site.

Visited November 2013
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“A little disappointed this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I have been club memeber for quit some time and we usually enjoy ourselves very much however on our last visit this past weekend, we were very disappointed. We came in to pick up our quarterly shipment and were greated right away however thats where the greatness stopped. The young lady that helped us was very friendly but she was just to busy. The older women behind the counter was just plan rude. When asked questions by other employees her answers to them were oh well, and I don't know. She was taking the wine the young girl was using and emptying the bottles which was causing the girl to have to open new ones while trying to give tastings and sell glasses and other products. She was working her butt off and getting treated rudely by the staff all at the same time. What would normally take us about 30 minutes for a tasting and pickup took us almost one hour. There was an event going on however those guest had already been taken care of when we entered the winery. Also, several bottles of wine that were opened were bad and when the young lady tried to get help from what we called Moody Judy she was told to go ask someone else. This is the worst visit we have ever had. I canceled my membership because my daughter is graduating college and it is over a 4 hour drive for us on a normal basis but had my visit been a little better, I may have changed my mind as I did with the other one I was going to cancel.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank vacritter2000
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Good wine and beautiful vistas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My two grown daughters and I spent a lovely couple of hours on the patio with a glass of wine after doing a tasting tour. The wines are quite good and the vineyard has won awards for their offerings. Friendly staff and beautiful area. Reasonable cost; however their desert wine, which is quite good, is mislabled as 750ml in a 375ml bottle. It is also more money than the other wines. Hopefully they will correct this misleading offering. Would still recommend this vineyard.

Visited August 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Lovely location and good wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon at Veramar. The views are beautiful, and there are a variety of quiet, comfortable places to sit with a glass of wine or have a small picnic--tables on the stone patio or along the pine hedge, a large swinging bench by the pond, or a white gazebo with a view of the valley. The tasting room is spacious and welcoming, and also has a seating area. The wines were good--especially the rose and whites.
We visited on a Sunday afternoon, and fortunately it wasn't too crowded. We sat at a table shaded by an umbrella, and had a small picnic we brought with us, and then did the wine tasting.
We have been to several vineyards and wineries in this area, and Veramar is probably one of our new favorites.

Visited August 2013