“Good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Berryville, Virginia, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good food but a bit pricey. Service and atmosphere are OK and very friendly. The food again is not really made to order but if you stick to the Steak it is a good place to eat. Especially if you are too lazy to get out of town for a real meal.

Visited April 2013

“Nice lil getaway”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Hidden gem in Virginia! The food was delicious! I had crab bisque and the BTI BLT, AMAZING!!! Best I've ever had, hands down! My husband had French onion soup and the short ribs, the meat was so tender no need for a knife to cut! Our waitress was so pleasant, the owner was so sweet as well! We stayed at the inn in the Charlottesville room 25, very charming and romantic. The style/theme of BTI is chic colonial. The structural design is colonial the decor is Victorian chic!! Would definitely come back!

Berryville, Virginia
“Surprised by a disappointing evening”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I have had many meals at this usually above average restaurant. Tonight, while hoping to have a birthday celebration for my friend, turned into a big disappointment. It started out with a very inexperienced and somewhat inept waitress. Three times, she stepped on my foot. She took over ten minutes to tell me they had no sweet vermouth to make a Manhattan. She told us it was her first week, that in my mind is no excuse. They did not have any of the entre I wanted left. It was just after 6:00 pm. I ended up having several appetizers my friend had the trout. The "Beet" carpaccio was good, but I was expecting "Beef", shame on me. The usually good French onion soup was bland and tasteless. My friends trout was okay. I had called and left a message saying it was a birthday celebration. I reaffirmed that when I was called to confirm my reservations. They made no notice of my request for a special dessert , even though the day before the woman said they would. We skipped dessert and just paid our bill. I will not be going back soon.

Visited November 2013
Maryland
“Delicious and cozy”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch on a recent weekday and found it absolutely delightful! We were greeted immediately and seated by a roaring fire -- perfect and cozy for a cold day. I ordered the BTI BLT, which was absolutely delicious and unique . . . I savored every bite. Our meals were so delicious we were talked into dessert: a warm mocha cake with ice cream. The service was professional but friendly and our lunch went by all too fast. I loved the atmosphere and history of the building, and the town of Berryville itself is very charming. Will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
Virginia
“getting better”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

BTI continues to get better and better. The roasted locally grown chicken with dumplings and caramelized carrots was nearly divine, the fish quesadillas are yummy, and Christine's not too sweet pumpkin cheesecake was outstanding. The ambiance is warm and inviting, and the food consistent and delicious.

• Visited October 2013