“Not Impressed”

Add it.
Mr. B's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stopped in late to get some dinner. My daughter and I had passed this place several times and with both of us in the mood for BBQ we thought we'd give it a try. I ordered ribs, collard greens and potato wedges. My daughter went for the brisket sandwich and potato wedges. The ribs had been under a heat lamp and when he packaged them up he poured sauce all over them. The brisket he put in a microwave! Now for the food itelf, the ribs had no seasoning that I could taste, no rub, no nothing, just meat and sauce. The ribs did not impress me. The collards were okay. The potato wedges had no flavor, no seasoning, the just tasted bland. My daughter says the brisket was terrible. When she asked for onions on her brisket the gentleman said, "this isn't McD., this is a BBQ pit.". Now I know we got there just 15 minutes before closing, but this isn't a way to win customers and repeat customers at that. BUT for what the food cost it should have been better. Very disappointed had looked foward to stopping here. I frequent many BBQ places across the country, unfortunately this is not one for high praise.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

But good pork bbq. I enjoy not having to pick out globs of fat. It is lean....get extra sauce on the side. Love the potato wedges. Many choices- brisket, fish, chicken & loads of dides. The guys working in there are a hoot and the order's always right.....huge portions.

1  Thank icthec
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The offerings have slipped a bit since Mr B moved from White Post to Berryville. Still, the pork barbecue sandwiches and beans are worthy buys.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Whenever we are in the Berryville area, it means a stop at Mr. B's Barbeque. The sandwiches are HUGE and delicious. You just cannot beat Mr. B's Barbeque!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Mr. B’s Barbecue – there is only one word to describe this restaurant and that is “awesome!” My husband and I have tried BBQ in many states, but this is the best BBQ you will ever eat. As they say “the best BBQ in the Shenandoah Valley.” They have been in business over 30 years and I can understand why. I think we have tried almost everything on the menu. The BBQ is so flavorful, but not overpowering. Our favorites are the huge BBQ sandwiches and the rack of ribs. But don’t forget to try the BBQ chicken too! And many other great items. They also have some great sides: coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, greens, and the creamiest macaroni and cheese. We love this place so much that it is a ritual to go at least 2 times a month and we always take extra home. And before winter hits we make a trip and stock up the freezer so we can still get our Mr. B’s fix if it snows. The guys that run this place are great and the food is remarkable. I guarantee if you go once, you’ll be going back again and again. Love you Mr. B’s!

1  Thank Linden96