“Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Berryville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Honest homestyle cooking. We are the farmer in our `Farm to table`efforts. Me pride ourselves in the art of scratch cooking. If you want a great breakfast - from a couple of eggs to eggs benedict or real smoked bbq or lunch, hungry for a Great burger or a great reuben - you will find it at the `Nest`. Our dining room is a place to meet new friends and laugh a lot! Come join the fun!!
Winchester, Virginia, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great place, great food. Kim prepares everything from scratch, so if you are in a hurry, you will be disappointed. But if you have time, please go here. Kim also caters and does an excellent job.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kay A

“Pleasantly suprised!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went hiking and decided to stop in Berryville for lunch. We stopped in this place, it was about 1145am, we were given the option to order lunch or breakfast. We chose lunch. I ordered the grilled salmon over greens and my hubby ordered a burger. We were suprised at how good the food was. They grow their own veggies and the meat is from the farm down the street. We enjoyed the food and friendly service and atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank carnettabird
Berryville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Does Not Honor Their Own Gift Certificates”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Found out about this restaurant by the WINC FM radio station 50/50 Friday deals email promotion. Had never heard about it, so I decided to purchase $50 worth of the certificates as we have done without issue in the past with Golden Corral. We went in for breakfast today and the bill came to $49. When we gave the owner the certificates to pay for the meal, she said we could only use one of the certificates each time! These certificates clearly say "GIFT CERTIFICATE" on them, not coupon. When I asked her where it said I could only use one at a time, her unbelievable response was "The radio station gets all of this money and we don't get anything from it." I know how these things work and I know that they get something out of it. Maybe not full face value, but they get probably at least half of the purchase price. In any event, that is what she signed on for and agreed to, unless WINC FM tricked her somehow, you have to live with it. And by the way, you did get something out of it. You get advertising. I had never heard of the place before and if we had been treated right, we would have spread the word to family and friends and returned in the future after using the gift certificates. Now, I will never be returning and I will be telling all that will listen exactly what happened. Now, I am left with gift certificates and will either have to dispute my credit card charge or seek reimbursement through the Clarke County General District Court. Since this is a restaurant review, the food would have been passable if it had not taken 45 minutes to get after ordering and sitting in the back with parts of it getting cold because they only have the owner cooking. Save the headache and make the drive to Winchester or try out another Berryville restaurant!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jon M
Edinburg, Virginia
“Old and so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Ate lunch here today. First visit. At noon I was the only customer which should have been a clue. The young girl working was nice enough. I ordered the Tuesday special which was Turkey, Stuffing, Cranberry and I chose Baked Beans as a side. The Turkey was typical Turkey and cooked well. The stuffing was way too soggy for my taste but I guess some people like this. Beans were good. Eventually a few others came in but it never got busy. I ran out of tea and the server walked by several times but no refills. I finally had to walk up to the counter for a refill. In fairness she wasn't goofing off. The place is old and dated but appeared to be clean. I might try it again in the future but not sure.

• Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Disappointed -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Started out great guns then took the Berryville dive. Hope they can make it - but just wasn't much for lunch.

Visited May 2013