“Good Old Time Barbecue”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Frederick
“Good Old Time Barbecue”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stopped here on the way back from Shennendoah to have lunch. It is right off of Route 340 and if you blink you'll miss it. They're not open every day so we wanted to try it. The chicken barbecue sandwiches were great with lots of white meat chicken and the coleslaw and potato salad had lots of mayo in them. The super sweet tea was just that. I got some chicken salad to go and tried it later with multi grain crackers, a real treat. I also got a side of baked beans which I haven't tried yet. These people are good, down home, old fashioned, hard working folks who take pride in their recipes. The man who served us told me that the chicken would be "the best thing I ever put in my mouth." That was cute and I couldn't wait to devour the food outside on a picnic table nearby. They also do catering and carryout orders of ribs, beef and pork. They're open daily except for Monday and Tuesday.

• Visited August 2013