“Super cozy, comfortable, and welcoming”
Review of Clay Corner Inn

Clay Corner Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Blacksburg B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Super cozy, comfortable, and welcoming”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hosts were very welcoming and accommodating. The room was cozy, clean, and quiet and the break-fasts were fabulous. We loved being able to walk to restaurants downtown and to explore the nearby library and walking trail. A great place to stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Heather, Super cozy, comfortable & welcoming, what a title... thank you! Pleased you enjoyed the fact that you could walk to dinner but also enjoyed the quietness of the little street we are situated on! Look forward to having you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here early in the fall and arrived late, but they accommodated for that very well. Very nice folks, we were travelling with our dog and they made him very welcome as well. Breakfast was just right, served on a covered porch. Very convenient location for VT or downtown.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We are so pleased you and your puppy enjoyed your stay, we enjoyed having you with us!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Imagine dreaming of finding a romantic, charmed bed and breakfast for 15 wedding guests from Macedonia, England, New York, Boston,and Virginia that provided exceptional ,friendly, casusal hospitality and service. And every guest was beyond belief with the cozy and comfortable decor,cleaniness ,delicious breakfasts, afternoon fresh baked cookies and rehearsal dinner buffet for 25 people.Our stay perfect !!

Room Tip: You have many unique choices to choose from . The larger rooms provided the extra rooms for a quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MaryannL1714
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Maryanne, you couldn't have been kinder with the words used in your review. My husband, staff and I cannot express how we appreciate seeing them :-) It was a delight having you stay with us for this very special event and more so to hear you enjoyed yourself so much! Everyone in your group couldn't have been nicer, what an International group indeed :-) We look forward to seeing you at the beginning of next year again and until then have a wonderful Thanksgiving & Christmas. Nicky
Catharpin, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Clay Corner Inn during VT Parents Weekend 2013. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. The grounds are very scenic and a great place to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine. It was great that the location was so close to the campus that we could just walk and not have to mess with traffic! Each morning we were served a great breakfast. Our only place to stay in Blacksburg is now the Clay Corner Inn!

We have already reserved a room for our son's graduation in 2017!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
And we look forward to having you back, time and time again until your Son graduates.. we have so much fun when you guys come. Pleased you enjoyed our breakfasts and Inn so all I can say now is thank you for your review and see you soon!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed for one night after a football game and was amazed with the cleanliness of the place after all the foot traffic in and out over the weekend, I expected it to be even a little bit dirty. The overall atmosphere was great and very relaxing. There is a pool and zen garden and yoga area and the grounds are very scenic. The owners are extremely nice and live in their own house. You do not stay in their building and you can choose to eat alone or sit with others in the morning. Each room has a bathroom with a shower and the "Hokie Room" we stayed in was more than enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joe g
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you found our Inn to be clean even after a crazy football weekend! We try our utmost that all our guests, whether during or after any event, find the Inn up to our standings and what each of our guests deserve :-) Rick and I remember you well and enjoyed having you here too. Thank you again for taking time to write this kind review. Until next time!
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My family with little girls enjoyed our stay very much. Lovely place to be. We stayed two nights during our trip through the eastern USA. The girls of course loved the pool, and the dogs Minky en Callypso. And we could relax too, with very tasty breakfasts and beautifull evenings at the terrace. We love to come again.
Laurette and Jan-Paul, Zeist, Netherlands

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Laurette & Jan-Paul, let me tell you that it was a delight for us to have you and your family here with us. Your young ladies were so amazing, their English was superb! Thank you also for sending me your follow up email, I really enjoyed reading it :-) We also would love to have you here again and hear all about your travels and life.... thank you for sharing your vacation time with us and until next time, have a wonderful life!
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Wow! Very well run B&B and the food and thought that went into these brilliant internationally themed meals was awesome. Beautiful home with really comfy linens and nice touches everywhere. There were 4 of us girls for a bachelorette weekend and the only reason I gave it 4 instead of a 5 rating is because when we were running 45 minutes behind the check-out time, the manager got very rude with us while we were packing when we said we need just 10 minutes longer and her response is "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH". We were throwing all of our stuff in our bags. Then, we left something at the B&B and when one of the girls went back, the manager was very curt and cold, very opposite of how we were treated the rest of the weekend. I know we did not leave the suite in shambles or ruin anything, so besides checking out late, I felt the rude good-bye was very unnecessary. Too bad we left on such a sour note and when my husband returns from deployment I will probably not go back. It's too bad, but for the money, I prefer to be treated nice the entire time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Dawn, first of all I would like to congratulate you on your recent marriage I hope you and your husband have a wonderful life together :-) Actually I was the one who came to your room at 11:45am to let you know that check out was 11am and we had guests checking into the same room in a short period of time. Instances like this are awkward (and rare) when we have to say to a guest that you must leave when we have spent a weekend together and enjoyed each other’s company. I cannot recall those exact same words used, but it comes as a serious disappointment to me personally that you felt that I was being rude, a word that I have not heard associated with our business since we took over several years ago. Frankly, I did not know what exactly to say, it’s always a difficult task turning over rooms with awesome guests trying to do ones best with them but also having the pressure of an early check-in requested ahead of time and trying to make things perfect for those guests also. However, my staff had been waiting for some time and we had already granted quite some time after check-out. I am deeply sorry that you perceived my comments to be unfair or rude and I appreciate your taking the time to express how you felt. We greatly appreciate your patronage at the Clay Corner Inn and would be more than happy to invite you and your husband back and would be more than delighted to give you a 20% reduction off of your next stay if you did choose to do so. I am sure that next time you would leave with the same feeling that have described in your first 2 lines above.
Sincerest apologies,