“Home Cooked Taste”

Dining options: Reservations
California
“Home Cooked Taste”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are Italian, you know there is more to our cooking than spaghetti and meatballs or chicken alfredo. I am always disappointed whenIi go to an Italian restaurant and the comfort food that Nonna made is not on the menu. Even more heartbreaking is to find no cannoli on the dessert menu. I have to say Zepolli's menu had a variety of home cooked favorites. In fact, I had trouble choosing what I wanted to eat but no problem selecting my dessert. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and no shortage of customers. The service was excellent. The wines were good and our meal came out at a relaxing pace. No rushing here! The server took time to explain dishes on the menu, portion sizes of appetizers and engaged our party with pleasant remarks. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend, if in town, you give it a try.

• Visited July 2014

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Down Hill”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It has been about 4 years since my last visit. They have gone downhill in quality. Service was simply mediocre. I ordered their standart Taste of Italy. The linguine was excellent, as was the meatball. The chicken parmesan was burnt on the outside to the point that about 1/3 of it was inedible, the rest of simply overcooked. The remainder was acceptable. My guest had some simply pasta and vegetables; it was cooked well, but bland.

When I mentioned the chicken parmesan to the waitress, she simply said, "oh, sorry," and that was that.

• Visited July 2014
Laredo, Texas
“Italian dinner”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were celebrating granddaughter's VA TECH graduation!! This is my daughter's favorite place to dine !!! THE SERVICE WAS IMPECCABLE, THEIR CHOICE OF WINES AND ALL OUR MEALS WERE DONE PERFECTLY DELICIOUS, EVEN OUR 7'year old grandson loved loved his pasta!!! The desserts were also delicious!! This is one of the best ITALIAN RESTAURANTS we have dined ...almost like being in ITALY!!! OH, JOY IN OUR PALATES!!!

Visited May 2014
“Incredible food flavors”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Causal atmosphere delivering an incredible menu. Had the Greek Shrimp. Love the mix of veggies and garlic wine sauce. Husband had Scallop formaggio. Oh my what a wonderful sauce. Waitress was attentive and friendly. Prices fair. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Virginia
“Not As Good as Before”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have been living in Blacksburg the past few years and feel like my experience at Zeppoli's isn't the same as it used to be. The meatballs, ravioli, and lasagna are still excellent and I highly recommend them. However, the past few times I have ordered the spaghetti here it was so overcooked that it was almost mush. I have also tried to give the eggplant parmesan a chance a few times but every time they put way too many mushrooms and it really takes away from the dish. The last time I had the caesar salad a lot of the lettuce was wilted and obviously not fresh. Best part about this place is still the bread, including the olive roll. Hope they go back to their regular standards!

• Visited April 2014