“A Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Main Street Inn

Main Street Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Recently I attended a conference at Virginia Tech, which included a stay at The Main Street Inn.

Normally, I attempt to stay with the traditional chains for their predictability and knowledge that they will meet my minimum business requirements. However, circumstances dictate that I stay downtown, so it was with more than a little trepidation that I agreed to stay at this boutique hotel.

Upon arrival my reservations instantly began to diminish!

Parking was convenient and the location within steps of the University and restaurant district. Upon entering the main lobby, I found it immaculate, staff impeccable and with a friendly professional atmosphere reminiscent of my favorite Boston hotel. The trip to my room continued the positive reinforcement with an elevator that was clean and smooth, while the hall was bright and decorated by people of discerning taste and imagination. Upon entering my room, I was so pleased with the intimacy, décor and suite layout. Additionally, the room had all the business and personal amenities I have come to need and rely upon, plus a bed that reminded me of my own very expensive and comfortable mattress.

Returning to the lobby, on my way to dinner, I had the pleasure of encountering other guest that have found this local jewel and raved about its friendly atmosphere and predictable warmth, comfort and cleanliness.

If you ever find yourself in Blacksburg Virginia and harbor similar “small hotel phobia”, do yourself a service and try The Main Street Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank william r

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great location downtown, easy to walk everywhere you want to be in the 'burg! Our room had a suite and I'm told all are set up that way--bedroom and a sitting room, separated by the bathroom. The folks were all really nice as well. Three things to work on. First, the wifi. Free wifi is great, but it has to work. Our devices struggled all week to connect. Second, fans in the bathroom. I don't want to have to explain...no fan better mean the windows should open. Lastly, parking is at a premium. It was fine for us, but on a busy weekend I could see it being a problem.

Room Tip: if you can overlook Main Street, that is the money room (201 or 202)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stay at the Main Street in whenever we can when visiting Blacksburg. It's right downtown so no driving to restaurants and shops and a pleasant walk to the University. The rooms are wonderful and have all the amenities needed for a short trip. The staff is wonderful, courteous and helpful. Coffee/tea and treats always available in the cozy receiption area. Very quiet hotel - you will be well rested!

1  Thank CKAVA
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Over the four years we have been visiting VT this was our first time we were able to stay at the Main Street Inn. It is absolutely the best location with a very warm, friendly and helpful staff. Loved the lobby with coffee and snacks/fruit available 24/7. The beds were very comfortable and appreciated the hokie beads and koozies left in the room. I only note that our room wasn't cleaned very thoroughly or items restocked (coffee, shampoo, conditioner) the following day of our first night stay. Certainly not a deal breaker but for the price expect that extra attention. I would definitely stay there again! It was awesome that we didn't need to drive our car everywhere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
oldhokie, Owner at Main Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Main Street Inn. We appreciate your feed back and are always looking for ways to imrove your stay. I agree that you should have been disappointed that your room was not restocked properly. This is not the proper proceedure our housekeepers follow and your review will remind them of the imprortance in remembering even the smallest of details.

We look forward to having you again in the near future at Main Street Inn.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We've stayed there for games every year since it opened and it's always perfect. It couldn't be closer to downtown, and everyone that works there is incredibly nice and always going the extra mile to make you happy.

I've seen one review that said overpriced but I've paid just about the same amount to stay outside of town and more than made up for the difference by cabbing back and forth after celebrating a win.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

From the time we checked in until the car was packed to leave the the staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating. Cookies upon arrival and VT cupcakes after the game were perfect for the kids (and dad). Rooms were a bit small but the bed and the pull-out sofa were both very comfortable and the location is PERFECT! We hope to enjoy many more football weekends at the Main Street Inn.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

By far the best hotel in Blacksburg. Great rooms, wonderful staff, and superior locaton. You'd be remiss not to stay here regardless of your reason for visting Virginia Tech. The rooms are all suite style and very luxerious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business