“New Years”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Radford, Virginia
“New Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Booked Days Inn in Blacksburg for a gathering wiith friends and family for New Years. Staff was great. Hotel was clean. Ballroom was wonderful. Great restraunts around the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

A last minute business trip popped up and I had to find a hotel in the Blacksburg area. This turned out to be a great choice. The Days Inn is conveniently located, very clean and quiet. I like having a micro/fridge and the wifi signal was fast and strong. Staff were very friendly and several times I was asked if I needed anything. Although the rooms open outdoors, this was not important to me. The area is very quiet and safe, so solo travelers shouldn't worry. If I have the occasion to return to the area, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our Days Inn Blacksburg. Guest feedback is extremely important to us! We are pleased to hear that our convenient and quiet location and guest room amentities struck a positive cord with you. Our staff is hospitable and attentive and we will be sure to share your very kind comments with them.

Happy New Year! We look forward to your return visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is very convienient to the VaTech campus - quick on/off 460. There are only two hotels in area that accept pets- this one and one in Christiansburg. This was much cleaner, appeared safer, and quieter. The rooms are bigger and the hotel personnel are more accommodating and friendly. Although this is an old style (door opens to outside), the rooms are well kept and clean. On non-football weekends the price is a great value.

Room Tip: First floor on the front size provides easy access to the breakfast room, exercise room and lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jdown D
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Me and my party of 3 enjoyed our stay at days inn blacksburg. The front desk manager was very knowledgeable and hospitable. The continental breakfast was a hit with our party. We stayed in a double room, and it was comfortable and clean. Next time i'm in the area i'm definitely going back there. Thanks days inn staff. Corrine.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the Days Inn Blacksburg. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff - we are indeed proud of our hospitable staff both on the front desk and as you noted also in housekeeping - they do a terrific job providing clean rooms! Our complimentary breakfast buffet is a hit with our guests and we are continually enhancing the presentation and offerings of the breakfast.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Fredericksburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed one night, as I was in town for a business meeting. The hotel was easy to find and front desk staff was very helpful. I arrived around 9 pm, and was directed to a non-smoking double room on the first floor. The room was basic but clean. My group also used the banquet room, which was fine for an informal meeting.

My room was immediately outside one of the entry doors, so I heard people walking in front of my door, then they'd have to stop to open to door into the lobby, so there was a little noise but not bad. A group of female gymnasts was also staying at the hotel, but I heard no noise from them. Breakfast the following morning was again basic but fine. Checkout was extremely easy.

The only real issue I had with the hotel was with their Wifi. I could log into their network, but couldn't get any farther than that as my connection would time out. Since I was only staying one night and could check e-mail by phone, I did not bother to report the issue to the front desk. This issue would not stop me from staying at the hotel again, but if I needed to do some intensive work, I'd have visited the front desk.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past year while visiting my daughter at Tech. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They gave me directions and maps of the campus. I have stayed at several other hotels in the Blacksburg area and find this one has the best value, service, amenities, and their free breakfast can't be beat! I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel which has beautiful scenic views of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you so much for your very kind review! Our staff strives to provide great guest service and it is very gratifying to hear that we succeeded during your stay. Thank you also for your kind comments about our deluxe continental breakfast and our mountain views!

We hope that you will visit again soon!
Ringoes, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

There was a reason this place still had openings on a football weekend and it was not the over $200 per night charge. Place was overall dirty and cramped. One of two chairs had massive stains from God knows what The wrapped soap fell apart when you opened it. The shower had mold in spots. Great location but not worth it even at 1/2 the price. We complained to front desk at checkout and he said "duly noted". I wonder.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
29 Thank tsimo123
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We were very disappointed to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

Upon receiving your feedback about your stay, we immediately reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff and manager. We do have very specific cleanliness standards in place at the hotel. Unfortunately, we seem to have missed the mark with your stay with us.

We do apologize that your stay was not satisfactory.

Travellers are raving about these Blacksburg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#6 of 9 in Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center? Share your experiences!