“Great food & Service at a great price!”

Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Food fit for a king, with an atmosphere and service to match!Our continuing legacy of family restaurants. Located in the beautiful First and Main shopping center. With exceptional food and superior service we welcome the opportunity to serve you.Our menu is no exception either. We offer the same traditional favorites that you have come to love. Our pizzas, calzones, and subs are a staple here in Blacksburg where you will also find newly added specials of fresh seafood, Mussels Luciano, and hand made raviolis. Our in-house chef can also accommodate even the pickiest eaters. We have something for everyone! Sal’s in Blacksburg is kid-friendly and our menu is loaded with kid’s favorites. We also offer our no-hassle catering service and a huge take-out menu. When it comes to dining Italian style we have it covered. Nothing compares to a Sal’s experience and we look forward to creating a special experience just for you!!
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I needed a place for a group dinner (16 people) with little notice and Sal's was recommended by my hotel. And it was fantastic!!

Joe, the owner, personally took care of us and made me feel like one of the family. Since we were a large group they recommended family style which was perfect. The menu was chef's choice and I couldn't believe the amount of food or the selection he chose - the food just kept coming!!! We had garden salad, fresh bread, chicken Marsala (one of the best I've eaten anywhere and I have traveled extensively), sausage & peppers, eggplant rollatine (meatless which I prefer), penne with tomatoes and garlic, lasagna. If all that wasn't enough next came two gorgeous dessert trays filled with tiramisu,cheesecake, nutella cheesecake which was to die for, cannolli, chocolate cake and Italian lemon cake.

Embarrassed to say I don't know our waitresses name but she was lovely too - and kept up with 16 women without missing a beat.

I would definitely go back to Sal's next time I am in Roanoke. It was a great find in a college town. Any restaurant that can make 16 women happy without a single complaint is a place you don't want to miss out on.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Many thanks to Joe and his staff for a wonderful graduation dinner. We had 12 members of our family coming together to celebrate the graduation of our son. Joe made the evening a memorable event. He worked with us to create a menu (served family style) that everyone at the table enjoyed immensely. This delicious meal capped off a perfect day. Thank you Joe!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've been to Sal's 20+ time and think it's Blackburg's best. While the menu is a bit big, I've yet to find anything bad on it. I love the Chicken al Vodka and the stuffed rainbow trout special. Joe is a tireless worker and patron par excellence, who who makes every guest feel like family. When the lines get long, as they often do, he treats waiting guests to free pizza and wine.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Joe makes you feel right at home. He cones by and visits your table, greets you at the door and will cook your table up a home style meal that he selects based on your particular tastes and price point. Try it and you will never forget the experience, it like eating at a family table.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Family owned and operated, friendly and professional wait staff and great food. It's not a very large restaurant so expect a wait on weekends. No reservations available, as far as I know.