“Drink Beer With A Hokie”

Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bull & Bones is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area. We have a wood-fired grill, on-site smoker, an ice rail integrated into our granite bar, 20 HDTV's, and 7 championship pool tables!
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Blacksburg is fortunate to have a place like this. They are making some good beer here and the food is tasty too. We went on a Friday night when school was out and the place was jumping. Try a beer flight which gives you a taste of six beers for only $6. We had the ribs, which were nicely cooked and a salad. The staff is friendly and the clientele is having a good time. It’s just a fun place to be.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Found the Bull and Bones after referral from the Holiday Inn clerk, good suggestion! Ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful evening and the passing traffic. Great hard cider, IPA, but the best was the full rack of ribs...Oh, my, gosh, get them!! We split a full rack and still brought home about a third. Had the coleslaw, okay, and sweet potato fries, okay, but the ribs were amazing...waitress brought the carousel of BBQ sauces...root beer based, yellow mustard base, vinegar based, the best was the House Sauce. Anyway, we were very happy with the flavor and portion size and highly recommend.

1  Thank onebzemom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The beer is the star here. There was a huge selection of beers. I am sure every serious beer drinker could find more than one to please. This is a restaurant and large bar. Large screens to watch sporting events and decent barbecue. This is not a chain restaurant but a local independent business. They aim to please and want your business. The service was good..The bar is on one side of the inside and the restaurant the otherside. I personally do not like to see the bar when dining and this seperated the two nicely. The dinners and appetizers were good and the beers good. This is a very casual place. In my opinion, it was worth the stop.

1  Thank TravellingWineguy
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have just had the best wings ever!
They are smoked.. (so much better than fried) and I had the spice y garlic sauce...they were delicious and the service was great..can't wait to stop again on my way back.

1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Best onion rings I've ever had. Went for a late dinner and enjoyed the food. Also had good service. Great local beer selection, and I enjoyed getting to sample seven of them in the flight. They have unique barbecue sauces- one is even made with root beer! I enjoyed trying out each of their four sauces on my pulled pork sandwich.

1  Thank BeachTravel012