“No worries”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
indianapolis, United States
“No worries”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Everyone was pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast and bar area very clean and spacious. rooms were clean and fresh. fitness center and pool very nice. Staff went out of the way to make sure everyone was taken care of. Coffee, Tea and hot chocolate complimentary! breakfast was reasonable and pleny of selections to choose from. overall an excellent hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Blacksburg, VA, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel conditions reflected very high traffic and wear. Some examples included peeling wall paper, old carpet along with missing floor trim. I alos had security concurs with the room door failure to properly swing all the way shut and latch upon entry and exist. I found myself having to pull and push the door hard to ensure proper latching. The hydralic cylinder on the door closure mechanizism caused considerable waiting and waiting when entering or leaving the room and then i had to push and pull hard on the door to finally get it to latch.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our property. We are in the final stages of renovations which will be completed later this month. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We checked in late and were ready for a warm shower and comfortable bed. We were very satisfied with our room!

We received exceptional service at this location. Special thanks you to Phillip(?), the FOM for assisting and correcting the billing error due to communication.

Hotel is located only a mile away from Virginia Tech. We will be definitely back to Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value guest feedback and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Phillip was able to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can accommodate you again should you return to Blacksburg.
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was in Blacksburg on businesss at Virginia Tech for two nights. As with all HGI hotels, this hotel was exceptional. The room was exceptionally clean, well appointed, comfortable and inviting. The restaurant downstairs was great. Each night I enjoyed a great meal (one night a simple yet tasty burger, the second night a bowl of noodles topped with steak).

The location in relation to VT make it a great choice.

Anymore when I travel, HGI hotels are the default first hotel I look for. They are all exceptional, just like this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we want to thank you for your loyalty to the HGI Brand. I am glad to hear that the accommodations were what you have come to expect from our brand and that you enjoyed dining with us. Thank you for staying with us and it would be our pleasure to serve you again should you return to Blacksburg.
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed many times in Blacksburg, and I found the Hilton Garden a fine place compared to many of its competitors. The check-in was fast, the woman at the desk friendly. The rooms typically of other Hilton Gardens (reliability and consistency are important for business travelers like myself). The first day we were there, they did not offer lunch, although they have a restaurant, but they did provide breakfast each day where we had the usual fare but also omelettes of your choosing. For those visiting Virginia Tech, you're practically next door.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our hotel. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner and we hope that you will take advantage of our evening service the next time your travels bring you to Blacksburg. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again soon!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Because this is a Hilton hotel, I never thought to seek and read reviews before booking a room here recently while attending a conference at Virginia Tech. I really wish I had. Check-in was easy and fast, and the front desk staff were super, but I was on the second floor, right in the middle of a construction zone. There were even tools left outside my room when I first arrived. There was writing all over the wall and the floor outside my room clearly hadn't been vacuumed in a while. It was pretty uncomfortable.

It got even more uncomfortable the first morning, as I was getting ready to head out, when a gentleman opened my room door. Thankfully, I'd secured the door with the extra security latch, because he had a key to enter, and didn't knock. (?!?) I guess in a construction zone, every room, with or without guests is free reign? I immediately told the concierge and he said he'd take care of it, but I'm still unclear why they needed to be inside my room to begin with, and why they didn't knock, especially before 8am? Do the hotel staff not communicate with construction workers to let them know where the guests are staying? Or was I put in a room that should have been off-limits during the construction?

On top of the discomfort of being in the middle of a construction zone, the beds were super stiff. Also, the nightstand between the beds had a warped layer of wood on top, so I couldn't place anything on it without it sliding off.

On a positive note, the fitness facility was great, with several cardio machines and free weights.

Because of being put in a construction zone with no warning, and the complete lack of security for guests, I will never return to this hotel, and can not recommend it to anyone else.

2 Thank sardawg
HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We've addressed our team in regards to your review and the necessary actions have been taken. Again, we apologize for the issues and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Horseheads, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The room was OK but we were on a floor where they are currently remodeling. There was a very obvious smell of paint, carpet cement, and other construction materials. The front desk personnel were not rude but they did appear as if they would rather be somewhere else. I was very disappointed that we were not told about the construction. We didn't complain so we don't know if they would have moved us but I feel I paid full price for a room in a construction site. We were aware that breakfast was not included but were limited by availability at other hotels. I feel there are choices with better value even when the remodeling is done. If my daughter attend Va Tech I would most likely stay somewhere else when dropping off, picking up, or visiting her. Mainly because they did not tell us about the construction.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave_from_Horseheads
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to do so during your stay. I am also sorry to hear that you were not informed of the renovations that were taking place at our property during your stay. I do want to share that we are expecting to have renovations completed within the month and will have a fresh and new product to offer. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.