“Homemade potato chips! ”
Review of Lefty's Main Street Grille - MOVED

Lefty's Main Street Grille
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just stumbled upon this place during a quick trip to Blacksburg. Great beer selection, outdoor seating, excellent salads and creative sandwiches and burgers. A perfect formula for a nice lunch. Plus, my favorite, perfectly cooked homemade potato chips.

1  Thank SavannahGal

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

All the positive reviews are spot on. Leftys has great food and great service. I ate in a comfortable atmosphere with my family and we all liked the place. My meal was a special sold well by our waiter. It was a pork tenderloin that was marinated for 12 hrs in a Jerk spiced brine, very tender and delicious, served over linguine with peppers and a cream sauce. YUM! The place makes most of the salad dressing they serve. I chose their green goddess and it was great. We all shared the potato chips cooked on site with a lime cilantro dipping sauce, nice combo.

The place has a pub type feel. A place you can hang out in. The chairs and tables are well used but that shows how important the place is to eat at. Great support of VA breweries. I had Parkway's Raven Roost. A porter with a smooth creamy taste.

When you are anywhere near Blacksburg then Leftys should be on your meal ticket.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently took my mom here for an early Mother's Day dinner; she lives out of town, but visits often and we wanted to try somewhere different that we don't usually gravitate to. We enjoyed our food so much that we've returned a few times since then! Between us, we've tried the salad/sandwich combo, the shrimp and grits, and the steak. Dessert is a must if you have a sweet tooth, especially the cranberry walnut chocolate chip pie! It's a bit pricey, but made in store and worth every penny and calorie! I very much enjoy the Main St. salad and my mom likes the Lefty's salad. They make several dressings in house and some are even available for purchase. We really enjoy the cilantro-lime vinaigrette. The Philly cheesesteak is wonderful and has been our choice for the salad/sandwich combo; the quality of the steak in the sandwich is very good. The service is good; the staff is friendly and knows the menu and specials well. The past two times we've been, we had the same waitress (Elyse, I think?). She was very attentive. I'm glad we discovered Lefty's and would recommend it to others.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm not a restaurant chain person and prefer the local spots like Lefty's. It's on the list of go-to spots in Blacskburg for me and my friends when we decide to go out for lunch or dinner. Probably my favorite of all (probably my favorite sandwich ever) is the Lefty's BLT. It's a BLT with pesto and jack cheese on grilled sourdough bread. I always have the red cabbage slaw with it which is a tasty alternative to fries. They don't typically serve it at dinner but I've coerced them a few times and sometimes they will oblige depending on the cook in the kitchen. It's casual and homey and they serve decent wine too. I'll agree with one reviewer on the dingy aspect of the building - despite this, the bathroom could use alittle elbow grease.

Outdoor seating with umbrellas has been a nice addition and when the weather is good you can watch Blacksburg go by.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a very casual place with great home cooked, fresh food. The college students who work here are very pleasant. Don't miss a huge glass of chocolate milk. We had an order of beneits that were served piping hot with powered sugar and syrup - yummy. The omelets are huge and filled with unique offerings. The chicken jerk omelet is really good. If you are in Blacksburg for a weekend with your kids (most likely VT students), they will love coming here for a big breakfast / brunch before you drop them off at their dorms and say goodbye!! Go for the food, not the looks of the place and you won't be disappointed. You always see local residents at this establishment which is a good sign.