“Love it! Picture perfect old style diner.”
Review of Joe's Diner

Joe's Diner
Ranked #18 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Diner
Vienna
“Love it! Picture perfect old style diner.”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Had my first breakfast at Joe's this week. I now have a bone to pick with my son for not getting me there earlier in his time at VA Tech.

The menu for breakfast has something for everyone. The service was excellent. The place is spotless. The food was as good as it gets. Simple - traditional - diner - comfort food.

I had steak and eggs. The steaks at most diners is beef in name only. Joe's ribeye was tender and done the way I ordered it (medium rare - not easy for a relatively thin cut of beef). My companions both got Cheesey Scrambled and didn't speak a word while they gobbled their plates clean. I saw a few orders of French Toast and pancakes pass by to other tables and they all looked delicious. I also saw the empty plates get bussed back to the kitchen - testimony that everyone was lovin' it on a quiet Saturday morning in downtown Blacksburg, VA.

I guess one lesson learned that in a college town, there aren't many students moving about (Fridays are a big nite out - go figure) - so if you're in town and its not a game day saturday - should be easy to get in. On my next trip - I'm going back for lunch. There were a slew of things that caught my eye on the menu.

DEFINITELY A MUST VISIT PLACE IN BLACKSBURG.

• Visited November 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“wish i found it sooner”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I discovered this place my senior year at Tech and wish I had known about it sooner. A cool little hole in the wall place next to Hokie Hair on Main Street, this lunch counter style restaurant is a blast from the past. Seating is tight and they will not generally sit large groups together. They close at 2pm so if you go for lunch, go earlier. The food is good and cheap. The people that own it are really nice too. They have a good breakfast which brings in crowds on the weekends so again, go early.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Mike T
Macomb, Illinois
“...and yes I do look forward to revisiting!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Absolutely classic 50's decor wonderful food I visited them for breakfast on a number of occasions, great services, and when not too busy the staff comprise of some engaging conversationalist ;-) ...and yes I do look forward to revisiting!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank madorno
Fullerton, California
“Just the diner you want”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

A great little divey place, cup of coffee and a welcome when you walk in the door, We loved it so much, we came by every day.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank CelineSoCA
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A tradition in a college town”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This small, old-style diner has limited seating but is big on portions and personality. Food was great, and service was excellent. We are definitely going back.

2 Thank ValerieinVB