The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center
US$123
GardenInn.com
US$50
US$47
Hyatt Place Blacksburg/University(Blacksburg)(Great Value!)
US$127
ResidenceInn.com
Courtyard Blacksburg(Blacksburg)
US$145
Travelocity
Red Carpet Inn(Blacksburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
Travelocity
US$58
All reviewsvirginia techtwo sinksbreakfast buffetplace to stayshuttle serviceroom was cleanhotel restaurantmy sonfree shuttlewonderful hotelenjoyed my stayconvenient locationfront desk staffcollege visitomeletin townwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We really enjoyed our one night stay at The Inn… We were there for a college visit and you cannot find anything closer to VT than this property… The exterior is "Hokie" stone like the university, and there was not a spec of trash anywhere on the property… It was very clean inside and out… Parking and check-in was a breeze, and while we were offered help with our bags, we didn't need it… Our suite was large, clean, and very nicely appointed… We loved the decor… We had a rear facing room that had a view of the open field behind the hotel and the woods beyond… It was very quiet throughout our stay… The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at Preston's right off the lobby… I highly recommend it, as I do The Inn if your heading to Blacksburg… Our son loved Virginia Tech, so we are expecting to return quite a bit, and we will definitely be staying at The Inn…

If there was one negative, it was the water pressure in the shower… It was underwhelming to say the least, and I expected more since everything else was so superb… Hopefully it's something they address before our next visit…

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GoBa6864
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear GoBa6864,

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We're glad that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your efforts to share this with fellow travelers.

I'm sorry you had difficulty with the shower in your room. The general water pressure throughout our building is quite good, so I suspect the showerhead may be the problem. If you will reply to me at tshaver@vt.edu with your specific room number, I'll be sure our team corrects the situation.

If your student decides to attend Virginia Tech, I encourage you to join our Parents Club. There is no cost to join and you will receive discounted room rates and special dining offers just for being a member.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent the Memorial Day weekend in Blacksburg attending a family wedding. While there we stayed at the Inn at Virginia Tech. What a fantastic hotel and facility! Our room was extremely spacious (room 230) and the staff could not have been more helpful. While there we enjoyed the restaurant, bar and the use of the free shuttle. Our weddings reception was also held in the hotel and they did a fantastic job. If you find yourself overnighting in Blacksburg, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. Moore,

Thank you for sharing these comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and your efforts to share notes with other travelers.

We were pleased to see that the wedding festivities and your accommodations were well-received. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Blacksburg.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter just graduated from Virginia Tech in May and for the four years she was at VT, we always tried to get reservations at the Inn at Virginia Tech because of it's convenient location, right on campus. From our very first visit, we always had a clean and comfortable room. I am a light sleeper and we never had any noise issues. We loved the breakfast buffet that is reasonable and includes hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, made-to-order omelets, and cold items such as smoked salmon, delicious fruit, cereal, breads, and all-you-can-drink tea or coffee.

If you are wise, I would sign up for The Parent's Club. Not only do you receive a discount, you get preferential treatment when it comes time to scramble for a hotel room for your child's graduation. Make sure to sign up early and know that these rooms are booked about 18 months in advance of graduation! They are allotted based on how many times you have previously stayed at the Inn. We were one of the lucky people to get a room here. The morning of graduation, we only had to get up early, have breakfast, and get on a shuttle bus to the stadium. Everything was organized beautifully. Those poor soles who waited too long and could only get a room 40 miles away had to drive in to Blacksburg with all the other people trying to funnel into town and there were traffic jams!

After the big graduation ceremony that morning in the football stadium, we had also signed up for the Inn's lunch buffet. We knew that it would be hard to get into any restaurants in town with thousands of other people vying for spots too. It was far less stressful to return to The Inn and have a lovely, delicious buffet laid out for us in a special conference room. There was even live music with a woman signing and playing guitar. She was so talented!

I have many fond memories the past four years of staying at The Inn. From the first time my daughter came to Virginia Tech for orientation, to her final days at this gorgeous college campus. I would highly recommend you stay here early and often, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have been on all floors over the years and never had a noisy room. I am a light sleeper, so this speaks to the quality of the construction. The walls are thick!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Donna,

First of all, congratulations on your daughter's graduation! That is a great day for any parent!

Thank you for staying with us for the Graduation festivities. We appreciate your loyal patronage of The Inn over these few years.

It was a pleasure to read your review of our property. We were especially pleased to see how our transportation arrangements were effective for you during this extremely busy time. Traffic is predictably horrible for Graduation. I'm glad we were able to help our guests avoid the headaches of parking for these events.

Our Parents Club has been incredibly popular. Since it is free to join and includes a nice gift certificate for Preston's Restaurant at the first visit, it is an instant bonus for members. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers. We hope to see you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My mom nephew and I did kind of a last minute trip to Blacksburg over memorial day weekend. I chose this hotel because of the reasonable price, awesome location, and of course #1 status on trip advisor. I was surprised that my high expectations were exceeded. Check in was delightful. The rooms were spotless. The whole building was clean and orderly. Breakfast was delicious and prices were fair. Housekeeping respected my request and did not enter my room. Everything about this hotel is brilliant. They could probably update their bed spreads. But that's it!!! Everything else is perfect. Just perfect.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Eliza P. -

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech over the Memorial Day holiday. We appreciate your business and thank you for recognizing the efforts of our team members.

We are making some improvements to our guest rooms this year, including all new bedding. The comforters you noted will not be used again in the future.

Thanks again for posting your notes for others to see. We know that guests appreciate the reviews left by previous visitors.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here to attend a graduation at VTech. Although the hotel could use an update, it was clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet was good.
The hotel has a hard working team who were accommodating and friendly.
Will definitely return again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear 1spartan1 -

Thank your for sharing the review of your recent visit to The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us.

I am pleased to tell you that we will be making improvements in our guest rooms this year, including the addition of mini-refrigerators.

We hope you will return to see the results of our improvement efforts.