“best motel in Blackstone, virginia”

Wedgewood Motor Inn
Wedgewood Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackstone
Central Islip
“best motel in Blackstone, virginia”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I reside in new york, and my maternal and paternal parents families reside in amelia, virginia. I always stay at the wedgewood motel whenever i visit my southern family. I always feel safe, and i love the convience to the stores and shopping centers. I recommend the wedgewood to anyone visiting blackstone, virginia. It is the best motel in town. great staff and mangement.

Room Tip: choose no smoking
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank kroert31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I stayed here overnight on Thanksgiving and found the room very clean and the beds comfortable. I was surprised they had free WiFi. I was hear to spend Thanksgiving with my family and it was convenient to their home. I would recommend this motel to anyone. It was clean, convenient, and easy to find.

• Stayed November 2009
3 Thank lindiloo78
NC
Reviewed 16 September 2008

I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Normally rooms in this price point (below $75) in a small town like Blackstone are not well kept, this is the exception. Updated bathroom with new shower curtain with the wide curtain rod, new tile on the floor, and solid surface countertop. Microwave, dorm fridge, well kept desk and TV Cabinet made up for the worn but not dirty carpeting, and dirty chair in the corner. Walking distance to downtown Pizza Hut, Farmers Cafe and Blackstone Herb Cottage. Less than 5 min drive to Wal Mart, fast food, and laundry. Only suggestion would be to spruce up the office, it gives a bad first impression.

• Liked — Location, Price, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Carpeting, Chair in room, Front Office
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kommonscents
South Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2008

I stayed here on Aug 5, 2008 on a trip from South Carolina to Ft. Pickett for a government surplus pickup. Room was nice, refrigerator in room, flat panel TV, plenty of room to spread out in, reasonable rates. A solid three star in my opinion. The only negatives are if you are in a large truck, as I was, because there is not much room to turn around, and a long trailer might prove to be impossible to maneuver. If I need to go back to Ft. Pickett, I'll stay there again.

• Liked — Convenient to my destination.
  • Disliked — Parking for large/long vehicles.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wedgewood Motor Inn? Share your experiences!