“Delightful except for the Interstate noise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Texas
“Delightful except for the Interstate noise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have stayed at this hotel two times recently - first in August and in October. The rooms are very nice, bright, clean and refreshing. The staff is cordial and accommodating. The location is walking distance to several restaurants. The stay in August was perfect. However the stay in October was disappointing because of the noise from I81 which is only a few feet away! The desk clerk graciously moved us to a room further away from the Interstate, but it was not much better. We determined that in August the air conditioner ran continuously and the drone of the ac provided enough white noise to obliterate the interstate truck traffic. In October the ac was not needed and the noise was deafening. I would go back in the summer, but stay away in the other months.

Room Tip: Seventh floor LOW number room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Asked for the manager's special and received it.
Restaurants nearby.
Good coffee.
No room noise.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

When we first checked in the guy at the front desk was very nice and then when we got to the room I was pleasantly surprised to see they had updated since the pics on their website. The plus points end there. It is so close to the interstate that the traffic noise made it difficult to sleep and stay asleep. They had basically no cars in the parking lot yet it seemed like our floor was full.....like they couldn't space out the guests at all. We left around 11:30 am the following morning (just for the day) and they never cleaned our room. We tried to trade one of our decaf coffees for a caffeinated one and was told they were out. I even went down early the next morning to get a cup from the lobby but they were out and said they didn't have anymore. We ordered room service breakfast the first night and it was cold and they left half of it off. I called to let them know, but no one ever answered the phone so I was forced to leave a message and then no one ever called back. I booked through priceline and was still VERY disappointed with the stay. They were super close to a lot of restaurants and that was nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyla L

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bristol Virginia for a wedding on the weekend of 9/30/11. They never came to clean our room after promising for 2 hours they would show up on Saturday when we needed to get ready for the wedding. After lieing to us and not showing up we finally went to the front desk and demanded they clean our room. We were told there were no clean towels in the hotel and when they finally showed up they made the bed but did not vacuum the room nor clean the bathroom - we will never stay there again - worst service I have ever experienced- also there were no fridges nor microwaves in the room

Room Tip: stay anywhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank barbara807
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this property 2 nights. I made it a point to call and inquire if the construction was still underway since I had read a few reviews on Tripadvisor complaining about it. I was told it was all complete. When we arrived I was suprised to see ongoing construction. Mostly outside, but still some inside. The rooms were comfortable, but with an odor. I guess a combination of new carpet, paint and furnishings. The bathroom was painfully small. Barely room to turn around. We had appetizers in the dining room the evening we arrived. It took 35 minutes to get them and they were cold. We sent them back. Still only warm when they brought them back. The next morning we had breakfast in the dining room. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. But, be prepared to wait. We waited nearly an hour for our food. The waitress was very apologetic and offered us selections from the fruit and pastry bar while we waited. I felt this hotel was a bit overpriced for a barely average property.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
middle tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Booked on Hotwire, first time not knowing where it would be. A great place. Newly remodeled. NEW beds and very comfy. VERY Clean!! Would def. recommend and if you get this on HoTWiRE you'll save a bundle. Does not have free breakfast, but has a restaurant. Still would recommend.

Room Tip: Upper floors are super quite.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Was quoted a room charge of $400 per night due to the local race, however, the certification analyst that I was accompanying called and simply added an additional rooms to his reservation and was quoted $77 per night. On the first day, the hotel lost power for at least an hour. I was given a receipt to check out on the 2nd day when I was scheduled to stay another night. I was with a group of 4 others and our reservations where mixed; names on the wrong receipt with wrong Priority Club information. On the night of the 2nd day I had to complain to the desk staff about the smell of paint coming though my vents. Apparently the hotel was being painted and the desk staff stated that my hallway had been painted earlier that day. There were no signs stating the hallway had been painted, not to mention the fumes weren't in the hallway they were coming from my air conditioner. At checkout on the 3rd day, was told that they had ran out of ink and could not produce a hard copy receipt but could email it to me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela J
BILL W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Please accept our genuine apologies for the issues that you have encountered during your stay as they are not up to our standards I am sincerely sorry that we failed in meeting your needs, comments like these help us to attend to all the issues that you have faced. If you are traveling back into the area please feel free to contact me directly as we would like an opportunity to earn back your business and rectify this past stay. Thank you and I will look forward to your call. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Have a wonderful day
Bill Wagner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!