I chaired a state music convention which was held at this HI in May, 2012. We had 45-50 people staying, eating meals and attending meetings and concerts there for 4 days. No one complained about their room, so that was very good! The hotel gave us a really good rate on the convention rooms. We had five special meals (banquets) during the convention and while the food got better with each meal and was superb for the final, formal banquet, the service personnel needed a lot of training (by me) about how to set the tables and serve the meals properly. For the first meal, the chef didn't prepare the correct number of chicken plates and one person had to wait a long time for their meal. The microphones for the business meetings never worked smoothly and I had to get help constantly, which meant lots of running to the front desk and that got old quickly. We brought in a 7 1/2' grand piano for the concerts and most of the time the use of the theater hall went smoothly, but 1) the floor was so dirty I dry-mopped it myself ... rather than run to the front desk one more time, 2) the custodian walked to the front to check the temp during a concert, distracting everyone, and 3) there was a very loud contemporary worship service going on just a few rooms away after I had asked repeatedly if there would be noise issues and was told no. Well, there were! And it was worst during the classical concert of the pianist from NYC. Furthermore, I had to keep the children from the worship service from being tempted to eat the dessert reception set up in the hallway before our concert ended. While many members of the HI staff bent over backwards to correct problems, the main staff person I worked with for nearly a year to prepare for this convention "disappeared" the day we had the most issues and could not be reached. She also offered to decorate the dessert reception and never explained why she didn't do it. So overall, very good, but very inconsistent in quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center! The hotel is centrally located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Bristol, VA where Northeast Tennessee meets Virginia's Southwestern border at exit 7 on I-81. During your stay you can enjoy an evening of entertainment at the Barter Theatre, or if you prefer life in the fast lane, race over to Bristol Motor Speedway and Thunder Valley Dragway located in Bristol, TN. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center is ready to serve you! Our award winning hotel features 226 guest rooms including 16 concierge suites, 2 presidential suites, and a honeymoon suite. The Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center offers Bristol's largest banquet and meeting room facilities - perfect for social gatherings or business conferences. Enjoy a delicious meal in our on-site restaurant or sit back and relax in our casual atmosphere lounge with big screen televisions showing popular sporting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center And Coven
- Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center & Coven Hotel Bristol
- Bristol Holiday Inn